"War & Peace 2011"....photo report...very pic heavy!

Sabrejet

Corpsmancollector

Fantastic photos Ian, it was a great show! I'll add some of mine (if you don't mind) once I've uploaded and edited all 200 of them!

Thanks for posting.

Will

Johan Willaert
Vietnam displays...all superbly staged! Firstly, a nice touch was the hippy/peacenik...man!

Actually we thought he looked a lot like Ken...... :lol:

Great pictures, Ian.... Did you get any of the Spitfire flying by?

Fantastic photos Ian, it was a great show! I'll add some of mine (if you don't mind) once I've uploaded and edited all 200 of them!

Thanks for posting.

Will

Hi Will....feel free!!

Ian :thumbsup:

Actually we thought he looked a lot like Ken...... :lol:

Great pictures, Ian.... Did you get any of the Spitfire flying by?

Yes Johan...that's what I thought. He still has those clothes you know...and a 32" waist so they still fit him, but he only wears them at weekends now and to drinks parties! ;)

As for the Spitfire...I'd just taken an incoming call on my cellphone when...ZOOOOOM....over it went! I cut the call short, scrabbled for my camera and aimed it skyward. Unfortunately, my shots were rather out of focus :crying: Never mind...I saw a whole squadron of then airborne at Duxford!

Johan Willaert

Not easy taking good pictures of the Spit, especially in that dark clouded weather....

Anyway here are some...

post-92-1311681257.jpg

post-92-1311681263.jpg

post-92-1311681267.jpg

General Apathy

post-344-1311681690.jpg

post-344-1311681722.jpg

Yes Johan...that's what I thought. He still has those clothes you know...and a 32" waist so they still fit him, but he only wears them at weekends now and to drinks parties! ;)

Hi Ian and johan, yep here's one shirt that I hung onto as I embroidered it myself, and loved the little Jeep I did on the rear shoulders, sixteen years of age and happy daze back then and the world was out there for me. :rolleyes::lol:

Hey Ian talking of resemblances have you considered who Johan would look like if he had a short dark moustache and a parting combed into one side of his hair. ???? :pinch: :lol:

ken

post-344-1311681690.jpg

post-344-1311681722.jpg

Hi Ian and johan, yep here's one shirt that I hung onto as I embroidered it myself, and loved the little Jeep I did on the rear shoulders, sixteen years of age and happy daze back then and the world was out there for me. :rolleyes::lol:

Hey Ian talking of resemblances have you considered who Johan would look like if he had a short dark moustache and a parting combed into one side of his hair. ???? :pinch: :lol:

ken

Charlie Chaplin?! :lol:

The show is all-encompassing and covers some 500 acres. Here's the German camp...and yes, that is a real Panther!

post-8022-1311697585.jpg