27th Troop Carrier SQ reunion Nashville

pmshindy

I wanted to share with the Forum my recent experience with a few remaining members of the 27th TCS in Nashville this past weekend.

I have the honor of being their elected President of this fantastic organization and attended my 4th reunion Oct. 25-28.

After years of wondering just what my Uncle did in WWII I began to investigate and found he served his overseas duty with this Outfit in CBI, (China, India, Burma) I made fast friends with the units historian, (who died in March of this year) and attended my first reunion in Washington DC in 04 to visit the new WWII memorial. As the members decrease the next-of-kin stepped up and we now do the work for the remaining members.

This year we had 15 troopers and their spouses, family and friends show. Total of 40. One of the guys to show for the first time was Bob Jensen with two of his kids who lost his brother Howard in Sept. 23 1944. We spent the weekend getting reacquainted, playing the keyboard, singing and plenty of good story telling. Good times had and many good memories.

We had a memorial service at the new Veterans Memorial Cemetery in Nashville where the 27th Troopers had held it 10 years prior at an earlier Reunion. We always dedicate a memorial name plate and plant a tree for future generations to see.

Our next reunion will be in New Orleans "God Willing" as the Troopers say. w00t.gif

thanks you, thumbsup.gif

pmshindy

Paul

post-1704-1193963226.jpg post-1704-1193963280.jpg