$1.95!

48MMS

Found this on a ebay search and will be sold with my Security Police stuff in a day or so. The seller listed it at $1.95 and stated that if unsold it was going in the dumpster. . . maybe an idle threat, but WELL worth $1.95!

post-1443-1311182674.jpg

48MMS'

Are you going after it?

OR are you suggesting that it's open season and it's worth a try for all of us!!

No, I bought it. I'll be listing it with some Security Police stuff. I thought it was a great bargain for a nearly 40 year old patch. It is over 5.5" tall.

Johnny Signor

Are you sure this patch isn't a "repro" , I ask as it sure looks very clean/new for one supposed to be that old ???????????????

Johnny

Per the listing, I get the impression the seller has had it awhile. Holding it in person, it looks and feels legit. For a $1.95, it was worth the purchase.

Are you sure it's Security Police? It could be a inter-command competition. I know the skycops did have their own competition for rifles and pistols but don't remember one for that.

as for the condition, I have some from when I first went in as well as some from my Father when he was in that look very good to brand new

I am not sure at all. But since it involves guns, and Security Police use guns, I thought it was "close enough". Actually I may list it on it's own or with a group of other miscellaneous patches. But in all probability, it was not SPS specific.

I did a bit of checking and this might help explain it:

http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123072042

It could have been worn by a member of a combined Air Force team who came from Tachikawa. the other members could have come from different bases and combined to make up a complete team.

Just a theory.

Most of the guys I worked with didn't shoot skeet, they practiced with rifles and pistols to help them qualify when