Jimmy Doolittle's ribbons

USMCRECON

No, sadly I don't own this uniform. I was at the Udvar-Hazy annex of the Smithsonian Air and Space museum the other day and they had one of Jimmy Doolittle's uniforms on display. I took a couple pictures of the ribbons but had to take them through the glass case and they didn't come out as well as I'd hoped. Here's the best picture of Doolittle's ribbons.

post-1107-1193788260.jpg

Let me guess Chris, in your posession? How do you do it bro!!

Jealous? think.gif You crack me up!! w00t.gif No, it is not in my possession. However, The picture is mine. The medals are located in the Air and Space Museum along with General Chennaults. If you have anything particular you would like to see let me know. I'll check and see if it's in my possesion w00t.gifw00t.gif

The answer to how do I do it... 25 years of preservation/collecting/ chasing down museums allows me to have alot. Hope this helps. thumbsup.gif

4starchris

I'd say a modest budget helps too, :lol:

Brig,

Thanks for the reply. Believe it or not I have had most of the items I have displayed/posted given to me over the years. As I mentioned in earlier post over the Forum. I have been fortunate.

4starchris

post-387-1193964162.jpg

Here are a few more. It looks like the Silver Star is for sure. Other two I am not sure. What do you think Brig?

4starchris

I saw that same uniform when I was there a couple of years ago. I also took some pics and posted them here or on another forum (don't remember which! crying.gif )

I have a question about the MoH ribbon - isn't it upside down? Current regs call for the five white stars to form the shape of a capital M. This ribbon forms a W shape. Is this okay for WWII, or is the ribbon upside down?

Steve

I saw that same uniform when I was there a couple of years ago. I also took some pics and posted them here or on another forum (don't remember which! crying.gif )

I have a question about the MoH ribbon - isn't it upside down? Current regs call for the five white stars to form the shape of a capital M. This ribbon forms a W shape. Is this okay for WWII, or is the ribbon upside down?

Steve

Steve,

Thanks for looking. No the MOH ribbon is not upside down. During WWII it was worn as a "W".

4starchris

looks to me like the Bronze Star is slot broach, looks like you can see where the corners of the broach were stitched, especially on the left side of the medal as you view it