Korean war era U.S.M.C. combat uniform gear:

Guest WRMorrison

Guest WRMorrison

First off, I hope that this is in the correct subforum as it applies to a few of them; mods feel free to move if needed.

Every year for our annual Washington's Birthday rifle competition, a lot of folks dress in period clothing according to the rifle that they're competing with. This coming match, I'll be shooting my '54 IHC Garand and I'd like to piece together a semi-correct (repro's ok) combat uniform for a Korean War era U.S. Marine. I'd need to know about boots, trousers, blouses and light combat loads. I'm assuming that the 8 pocket garand cartridge belt was still being used, but in a dark O.D.?

I really appreciate any help with this.

Thanks,

-WRM

BTW, if anybody has any of this stuff they'd like to sell/trade, I'd be happy to hear it. As far as trading goes, I've got:

8 pocket Mills Garand cartridge belt (dated 1919?) in the light khaki

WWII dated canteen/cup/cover in good shape

here's some pics of the canteen:

canteenset.jpg

canteencup.jpg

canteen.jpg

coverleftflap.jpg

cap.jpg

cover.jpg

Greg Robinson

Here's a link to a forum topic on the USMC M1951 line of cold weather clothing. When it was warm they wore the same herringbone twill dungarees worn in WW2. And the weapons and field gear was the same as WW2 in most cases. There was an M1951 boot that came out during that time that was a black rough side out and was a high top boot unlike the WW2 "boondockers" worn in the Pacific.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...?showtopic=3467

craig_pickrall

Welcome to the forum.

Most of your questions on USMC gear and uniforms can be answered in the Reference Section at the bottom of the forum. You will have to pick a category to cover individual web gear items.

After review if you have questions please sound off.