Pile of crap or Pile of money/

Littleguy

I was helping out the local weather flight, and one of the men from the flight I noticed was throwing out 90's made MRE's. I said "can I take 'em?" I got 3 12 pack cases and 21 individual MRE's. Can anyone give me the scoop on them, has in value (not that I plan on selling them unless someboy wants them hehe), if they tasted good, all of that. Thank you.

EDIT: I forgot the mention the 22nd MRE that my parents out of pure curosity opened in Chilis today and found out that the chicken and rice MRE isn't aesthetically pleasing at all and what the food looked like.

Hey Littleguy...

As before I can't help you with current value, but if it's military, hold onto it long enough and it will be worth something!

(Or make up a story and put it on Ebay! :lol: )

Hey Littleguy...

As before I can't help you with current value, but if it's military, hold onto it long enough and it will be worth something!

(Or make up a story and put it on Ebay! :lol: )

Ever have one?

Cpl Punishment

Chicken and rice was my favorite AND it came with 2 desserts! I learned its number (11), for those days they told us just to grab one and go.

Chicken and rice was my favorite AND it came with 2 desserts! I learned its number (11), for those days they told us just to grab one and go.

It didn't smell too bad. I got another if you want to buy it :w00t: . If anyone want an MRE from the 90's and wants to pay for it let me know.

I was bitterly disappointed when they removed the freeze-dried pork patty from the menu....

Do you know the number? Is it a number 7 "Pork with Rice in BBQ Sauce"?

Cpl Punishment

The pork and beef patty were in the 1980's MRE's and you needed water to rehydrate them. In bootcamp they made us eat them dry. Thanks for the offer, but I don't eat them anymore now that I don't have to!

The pork and beef patty were in the 1980's MRE's and you needed water to rehydrate them. In bootcamp they made us eat them dry. Thanks for the offer, but I don't eat them anymore now that I don't have to!

No problem. They are filling space right now and I want to get 'em out has fast has possible. :lol: I'm sure if I keep them long enough, they will sell. Either that I can have some fine dining, just kidding.

Littleguy,

How about this for a 'follow-up' thread title after you sell all of the MRE.

Pile of Money, for a Pile of Crap (Literally)!! :lol:

Littleguy,

How about this for a 'follow-up' thread title after you sell all of the MRE.

Pile of Money, for a Pile of Crap (Literally)!! :lol:

Hmm, sounds pretty accurate, that and the throw-up pile, and the hospital visit pile!

Hmm, sounds pretty accurate, that and the throw-up pile, and the hospital visit pile!

Ah, for the days when a soldiers fare was simple, just mud black coffee, ash cakes, and sow belly :thumbsup:

Ah, for the days when a soldiers fare was simple, just mud black coffee, ash cakes, and sow belly :thumbsup:

Sounds yummy!

Sounds yummy!

Yees, i think i would have liked the salt beef and weak tea, and the porridge in coloinal times :thumbsup:

The Civil War was actually the first war where American soldiers were issued instant coffee, dehydrated vegetables, along with the old stand by of salted beef, hardtack, and whatever fresh fare the Yank of Reb could forage or steal from the locals.

You didn't NEED water. If you had the dumb one in the unit eat one or two of them, then a dehydrated potato patty or two, made him drink a canteen of water, then hold him down, you could actually watch his belly expand. Never got one to explode like a Sea gull with Alkaseltzer tablets.

It sounds like the OP and I are in the same boat, for the same reason--first you grab the stuff, then figure out what to do with it. In my case, I've been staring at a partial case of '70s C-rats for a couple years, trying to figure out what to do with it all.

I think I've given up on having a "rational plan of acquisition;" if you stick to such a plan you miss neat stuff! Instead, I'm working on a "rational plan of storage." In life, everyone should have a goal, right?

Jim

I was bitterly disappointed when they removed the freeze-dried pork patty from the menu....

we have BBQ Pork Rib now, I believe number 2. It used to come with 2 pieces of wheat snack bread and BBQ sauce so you could have a sandwich, but it seems every 2 years they reorganize the menu and now it has crackers in it instead of the bread, so there goes the sandwich opportunities as we all know how those crackers fare after being kicked around in your ruck for a few days

The Civil War was actually the first war where American soldiers were issued instant coffee, dehydrated vegetables, along with the old stand by of salted beef, hardtack, and whatever fresh fare the Yank of Reb could forage or steal from the locals.

Right was it sometimes called hay, the dehydrated veggies and came in little bundle's. Also desecrated vegetables for desiccated vegetables.