ww11 coca cola bottle top help

bigjoe

General Apathy

post-344-1249972119.jpg

Hi Everyone on this thread, very interesting all of it, autorifle love your bottle collection, thanks for showing.

Here's my one full bottle of coke and my 3 jan 44 dated Coke check ( cheque ) date, note the perforated date which I believe cancels the check on payment. This evening I will take a look at the bottle for any bottling plant information. The bottle does have a slightly 'blue ' haze to it.

Notice I have hung a label on there so when I pop my clogs whoever sorts my stuff will hopefully not open it. :lol:

Cheer ( Lewis )

• 2 years later...

Hi all,

few weeks ago I bought two Coca-Cola cork crowns which shoul be WWII.

Previous owner lives in small city in Czech Republic, which was liberated

in may 1945 by US Army and he told me, that they are from US Soldies.

post-4682-1342976308.jpg

Hi Fellas,

This is a really interesting topic,can i ask you what the date of my bottles are.

They were dug up here in Brisbane Australia,near to where there was a US Camp in WW2.

One is a Green Bottle with "Oakland Calif "stamped on the bottom.The patent number is D-105529.There is also a stamp at the thinnest part of the skirt which reads 8 (symbol) 44

The other dug from the same location,is a clear bottle,

It has Patent number of D-105529 and 8A (symbol) 44

The Symbol looks like a Circle with a flatter circle across it,the best i can describe it is,it looks like a picture of Saturn ?

Thanks if you can help :thumbsup:

Mick

They're from 1944.

If I remember correctly, the number before the symbol is the lot number, the symbol itself denotes the maker.

Correct me if I'm wrong please as this is important information.

Erwin

Brian, is it possible that the reason your bottling plant didn't have any blue bottles is that the straight sided blue bottles were made and discontinued before it's construction? From what I can find, the blue was predominantly used in the early part of the century.

post-2549-1343213456.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a (WWII) Coca-Cola bottle I recovered form the old 'Desert Training Center/California Arizona Maneuver Area'. It's dated 10-42, El Centro California, bottle pat. D-105529. I also found many bottle caps-Coca-Cola, Pepsi-Cola & Creme Soda. A bit rusted, but the detail can be made out.

Here is a (WWII) Coca-Cola bottle I recovered form the old 'Desert Training Center/California Arizona Maneuver Area'. It's dated 10-42, El Centro California, bottle pat. D-105529. I also found many bottle caps-Coca-Cola, Pepsi-Cola & Creme Soda. A bit rusted, but the detail can be made out.

Found this one in the ruins of the destroyed YMCA building on Corregidor Island "The Rock". Date on the bottle is Dec. 25, 1923. We found close to 10 of these. A friend told me that these were called "Christmas Cokes".

IMG_7072.jpg