Brig's USMC Photo Archive

Brig

LtCol Thomas Ridge and family after the ceremony where he received his Air Medal and Bronze Star w/ V for Korea...interestingly they had him go slick for the presentation, it seems, wearing none of his numerous other ribbons

11-08-2013 06;40;01PM.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I love the intensity of the gentleman with the hat... he looks like is firing a .45 rather than tossing a horseshoe!

I got it as part of a lot where they had scanned a bunch to one image, and honestly that's what I thought was going on in the photo when I first bought the lot!

BelligerentBlue

Really enjoyed looking at these pictures. I sometimes find myself looking at the pictures and finding it hard to believe when they were taken. It almost feels like it's a bunch of boys just reenacting. Then I think back to when I joined. I was 18 and deployed just after turning 19. At 28, I'm feeling old! I'd be a total salt dog if I were still in.

SgtMaddoxUSMC

I always notice that in many vintage photos, that the Marines do not have any sort of collar devices at all... is this because it was not mandated to wear them? Or were they just not issued at those times?

Enlisted Marines were not authorized the use of collar emblems until 1920, though some wore EGA collar discs during WWI