Brig's USMC Photo Archive

Brig

1930s portrait...

Brig,

Where did you get this portrait? I have the exact same photo, except it's color tinted....

S/F

Brig,

Where did you get this portrait? I have the exact same photo, except it's color tinted....

S/F

I'm guessing eBay, it's been awhile. Have had it for 4 or 5 years now

• 3 weeks later...

Marine wearing enlisted shoulder epaulettes, cabinet card, Willard Moses. Photo circa 1898, he spent most of his enlistment in the Philipines but it appears he was in China July-August 1900 during the Boxer Rebellion

7-24-2014 10;38;11 PM.JPG

detail of USS New Mexico, unfortunately too small to make out the details of insignias and awards

7-24-2014 10;42;47 PM.JPG

• 3 months later...

A Christmas 1925 portrait in China, names written on the back. There's a great medley of cool stuff in this portrait...mix of bell crowns and the new model covers, Army and USMC style marksmanship badges-some with suspension bars, some trenched emblems, etc

8-24-2014 7;02;50 PM.JPG

8-24-2014 7;02;55 PM.JPG

• 8 months later...

Haven't added to this in quite awhile. Here are a couple of portraits I picked up in the past year, will have to scan other images and add them here

001.jpg

This one is interesting, as I bought it because it has the striking resemblance to one of the Marines I work with. When I got it, the name on the rear is his last name!! My buddy's dad is big on geneology and is trying to determine if there's a family connection

11.jpg

I've shared these next 4 before, but adding them to the archive. 5th Marines in Germany clowning around...

11-10-2014 11;21;58 PM.JPG

sonofaFlyingDeuce

And the 4th and final image in the series

The wedding in this series was at Notre Dame des Victoires Church on Bush St., San Francisco.

The wedding in this series was at Notre Dame des Victoires Church on Bush St., San Francisco.

Wow, never thought it would be identified. Thanks!

Scanned a few more last night. This is a 1956 dated portrait of an officer wearing H&H patterned emblems

004.jpg

And then these came together, very small but scanned well. The back of the portrait says 'Burton' 'Air' 'Island' and 'Diego' in light blue pencil, the rest of the writing cut away. I think it may be Charles A Burton, a QM Clerk at Mare Island during the time. There were a lot of Burtons but this is the only one I saw stationed in the area. Many, many Burtons (5 or 6!!) were in the 5th and 6th Regiments. The photo of the Marine holding a puppy has 'Range' and 'Diego' on the back. The picture of a Marine and sailor has the names 'Mr Fisher' and another

003.jpg

001.jpg

002.jpg

And then I was fortunate enough to add this beautiful WWI era portrait of an aviation officer to my collection, thanks to Dennis

post-3422-0-38614600-1435610416.jpg

• 10 months later...

Wow...been nearly a year since I added to this, haven't scanned anything in months. Here are a few photos I've picked up over the past year...

First is an identified portrait of a Quartermaster Officer and WWI veteran...

003.jpg