Brig's USMC Photo Archive

Brig

Figured I'd make a thread of photos in my collection and just add to it. Some of these you may have seen me post before, others not. The vast majority of photos in albums or groupings are not here. First up, a series of 5 Burial at Sea photos circa Span-Am period...a great set of photos....

04_08_2011_08_20_53PM.jpg

A nice image of a Sergeant, expert rifleman, probably on shore patrol with his nightstick. Reverse says 'Peking 1912'

07_01_2011_03_25_49PM.jpg

Another studio portrait, I'm assuming they're brothers. The Marine must not have wanted to put down that cigarette for the shot. Mother must have been upset

04_02_2011_04_01_36PM.jpg

Korea era portrait of an officer and, I think, his OCS portrait {?} judging by the collar brass

07_01_2011_03_14_50PM.jpg

07_01_2011_03_21_11PM.jpg

teufelhunde.ret
1919 on the Rifle Range with the scoreboard...

On the left is Capt James E. Snow, he enlisted in 1907 and retired as a Capt in 1933. He won the 1913 Phillipine Match and he went onto the Camp Perry Matches, In 1914 he won the single gold medal offered in the Northern Pacific Division Matches at San Diego... over the years he was a Range Officer on most tours.

On the left is Capt James E. Snow, he enlisted in 1907 and retired as a Capt in 1933. He won the 1913 Phillipine Match and he went onto the Camp Perry Matches, In 1914 he won the single gold medal offered in the Northern Pacific Division Matches at San Diego... over the years he was a Range Officer on most tours.

thanks for the ID. good catch!

Brig- Great picture. Unless I am mistaken these look like Krag rifles these Marines are using for the salute. This would be at the earliest 1900 when the first shipment went to Marines. I think the Navy kept the Lee-Navy's longer in service so these rifles are part of the Marine's compliment.

Anyone else have an opinion on the identity of the rifles?

• 2 weeks later...

Some new additions...first up taken in Peking 1912, a couple of Marines in rickshaws

07_23_2011_03_32_35PM.jpg

Some Marines in a bar in China...notice the trenched EGA on the cover of the Marine with the moustache

07_23_2011_03_34_00PM.jpg

Untitled.jpg