Sweetheart Pin Find Today.

hirsca

O-2 sweetheart pin, but not sure of the era. I couldn't get any closer with my camera to show the maker's mark clearly, but here is a description of it: STER, then in an oval with EKco inside of it, then LING. the EK is italicized. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks, Al Hirschler in sweltering Dallas.

post-12790-1310163882.jpg

post-12790-1310163896.jpg

Al, I have seen the maker before. I believe it was a metal working company that still makes like spoons, forks, and etc today.

Thanks 36-tex, you are correct about that, lots of dinnerware---but did they make this kind of stuff also? Neither

their name nor the acronym is on my list of maker's marks. Thanks, Al.

Hi Al, I believe the company that made this pin is the GK Company of New York. John

Thanks John. Any chance that you have a pic of what their maker's mark looks like? I have attached a pic of my feeble artistic effort to replicate the MM on the reverse of the pin. Is the GK Company of New York still in business? Thanks, Al.

post-12790-1310308807.jpg

Here is the box and pin. There is a wide variety of pins made by this company. John

post-589-1310789040.jpg

post-589-1310789049.jpg

Great! Thanks much John.

Al

these are generally part of a series, I'm sure if you were so inclined you could find every rank, at least officer rank, by the same company and make a set. I have 4 of a set of USMC variants

these are generally part of a series, I'm sure if you were so inclined you could find every rank, at least officer rank, by the same company and make a set. I have 4 of a set of USMC variants

Thanks Brig----just what I need----another area of WW2 items to collect! :lol:

...and I have 3 or 4 with Army ranks! Actually, they might be Marine Corps ranks - not much difference in corporal and sergeant stripes at that scale, and the captain bars look more Navy/Marine than Army. Might be time to liquidate!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Steve the difference would be that Marine Corps ranks would be suspended from a "USMC" pin.

Semper Fi,

Bruce Linz