Post your transitional Field Gear here!

THAT GUY

Now I know there is a ref. section with transitional pieces, but I'm sure members on the forum have more examples than what is shown so I'm asking you to post your transitional piece of field gear for everyone to see. Please, only WWII items. Any condition is accepted, mint being even better so we can see what the colors originally looked like. :thumbsup:

I will start with my pieces.

-Sam

DSC04031.jpg

DSC04036.jpg

I counted 4 different shades of green on the Aldon 1945 :w00t:

DSC04037.jpg

I am not sure if the Harian 43 cover is a transitional, but I counted 3 different color schemes. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

DSC04038.jpg

DSC04039.jpg

Hey ill play! Here are a couple of mine, an unissed shovel cover, and gp bag.

pouch.jpg

IMAG0108.jpg

transitionalgp2.jpg

transitionalgp.jpg

post-32632-1310142706.jpg Cartridge Belt, Burlington Mills Inc. unreadable date, but surely WWII. I took a picture of the front also, but mostly just got my feet

son of desertrat
post-32632-1310142706.jpg Cartridge Belt, Burlington Mills Inc. unreadable date, but surely WWII. I took a picture of the front also, but mostly just got my feet

From the picture it looks like its 43 or 44

KEenan

canteenman
From the picture it looks like its 43 or 44

KEenan

Keenan, If you can come up with a night vision goggle - even a cheap kid set or one from a video game - I use my night vision setting on my video camera, that date will pop right out at you.

Chet

'Flage Guy

Here's the first "trans" I ever scored; I couldn't pass it up and couldn't figure out why it was made like this, but became educated in due time. Thus began my extreme liking for this stuff. :thumbsup:

A Power Source Pack for a Metal Detector, found in Strand Surplus Senter of Galveston!!

post-3226-1310184680.jpeg

'Flage Guy

This grew into a real mental illness...below is the "trans rack", festooned with multi-colored canvas...

post-3226-1310184943.jpeg

'Flage Guy

M6 Rocket Carrying Bag (BOYT -45-) and General Purpose Ammunition Bag (B.B. Co. 1944):

post-3226-1310185018.jpeg

Another M6 Rocket Carrying bag marked BOYT 44. Bag is all the same color/type of canvas, but strap and webbing is OD.

Bob

post-299-1310218272.jpg

craig_pickrall

Do any of you remember where the original transitional web gear thread is? I want to merge this one into that. I did a quick search for it but didn't find it. If one of you remembers it will save me some time.

craig_pickrall

That is the one. Thanks so much for finding it.

After this thread has run it's course I will merge the two into one.

Great stuff everyone! Keep it coming, and good idea Craig! And now I realize why the market is drying up for transitional gear.. (You know who you are :lol: )

Sam

17thairborne

I just got this one a while ago. I love the different numbers of 3 and 5. The lid is light OD3 on the top and medium OD3 on the inside. There are 3 other different shades on the trim, closure tab and the hanger loops.

Oz

2770223070103484309S600x600Q85.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody, great stuff so far. I will try to add some items not seen before.

First one is a TWEEDIE 1944 three-pocket grenade carrier.

post-8590-1311841902.jpg