Pakistan Reproduction Army Chevrons

hhbooker2

Greetings & Salutations! Just when you thought it was safe to go into the water, but there should have been shark warnings - in this case here are actual desriptions in Urdu in Arabic script instructing embroiderers in Pakistan now to contruct better chevrons, like these for the 1902-1919 Army of the United States using no doubt cotton thread or silk thread on olive drab wool cloth still worn by the Army of Pakistan. They just keep getting better at their task of making "REPRO" insignia. Respectfully yours, Sarge Booker of Tujunga ( [email protected] ) :crying:

post-837-1310017610.jpg

Greetings & Salutations! Another "REPRO" that is probably in someone's collection? :thumbdown:

post-837-1310017898.jpg

Greetings & Salutations! Obviously and earlier Xerox copy of an actual chevron of late World War One with instructions in Arabic script in Pakistani Urdu language! :unsure:

post-837-1310017941.jpg

Great info to have. Due to the superior quality of the originals, the fakes probably wouldn't fool you at a show while examining in person. However, now we know you have to be very careful with an Ebay listing having poor photos.

Kurt

Hindi-Urdu is very difficult to pick-up on. How did you gain your knowledge??

Dear Jack: Started learning to read, write and speak Arabic back in 1965 and of course Urdu is written in Arabic script, but does not have all of the same words or how to pronounce them, like German Yiddish is to Hebrew, could be written in Hebrew letters and different in word meanings, etc.? Any language can be learned if you have a native speaker to assist you, except several languages among smaller tribes in the Middle East known for being secrective. Gypsy or Roma speak a dialect of India and trace their history 1,000 years ago to India where they were both induced to immigrate and enslaved and brought to Persia and Europe, that is another story! My older brother learned German at home and could have learned French had our French-speaking Menominee Indian grandmother would have taught him, she was not a princess by the way! Ted also learned dialects of Japanese, Philipino (Tagalog) and Vietnamese. Learned Spanish by going to the U.S. Colony of Puerto Rico first hand when I worked as a hotel clerk. Know any Middle East language can cause one trouble if it is known or having studied Judeo-Christian and non-Christian religions, sad to say! I knew a number of Pakistani-Americans and imported and they gave me such items like I showed here as they knew I was a military insignia collector. Whatever I had reproduced went directly to military museum collections at no cost to the institutions - but refused to make and sell or give away these things to other collectors. Believe me, there are people from India, China and Pakistan who go to insignia meetings and gunshows and stored that sell insignia and they buy copies of each item and have them to go by and reproduce so low that several uniform shops in L.A. closed their doors. Some Japanese businessmen went to Sam Cook's Uniform Store and I warned the owners not to sell one of each fire fighter, law enforcement and military patch and later they acknowledged I was correct in my suspicion! French Foreign Legion and other elite insignia is often reproduced and aged as the sellers demand more money. I worked for a person who made American Revolutionary and U.S. Civil War kepis, uniforms, etc., he bought from Pakistan - but everything was sold for re-enactors! I have a single-track mind something like the character Forest Gump and concentrate on languages and books that interest me, usually history and of course military - I spend 8 to 12 hours on military insignia on the internet, but I do not sell! I think repro is okay for "MUSEUM COPY" and kept and not sold to show what something looked like - the suit ashington wore at his inaugaration was reproduced and used as display because his rotted to pieces. Was in college from 1985 to 2003, also was a maintenanceman - I miss no longer being a professional student! I taught also, that was easy money! In 2000-2001 made US$27 an hour starters! Gave the surprlus money to my family and relatives! Respectfully yours, Sarge Booker of Tujunga :w00t:

post-837-1310151557.jpg

Great info to have. Due to the superior quality of the originals, the fakes probably wouldn't fool you at a show while examining in person. However, now we know you have to be very careful with an eBay listing having poor photos.

Kurt

Dear Kurt: Most of the embroiderers make stuff that can be spotted easy enough, however their are serious counterfeiters who obtain swatches of origiinal cloth that is well obver 100 years old and embroider on that material, I have seen it and was asked to ship it to Pakistan, but broke off relations with people making such requests! eBay Auctions is full of land-mines and someone can use a postal box from a private rental agency and pick up mail anonymously like men who cheat on their spouses and get "Cherry Blossums Magazine" with "mail-order brides." If a merchant in Pakistan goes to a gunshow and buys antique uniforms, they can come close as possible to fool someone who is not qualified as an expert. Some Pakistani merchants maintain U.S. addresses and have their representatives here and advertise on eBay Auction! Have been offered employment as an agent and told them no way! I'd hate to be a collector of 3rd Reich as that is the most reproduced of all followed by the U.S.Civil War! Sarge Booker of Tujunga :blink:

post-837-1310153349.jpg

Jack's Son

Sarge,

Your credentials are properly impressive, so many things you can do with your gift of language!

A talent I do not possess!!

Thank you,

JS

Sarge,

Your credentials are properly impressive, so many things you can do with your gift of language!

A talent I do not possess!!

Thank you,

JS

Dear Jack: Whatever I can do everyone else can do as well and many even better, truth be known! Its easier when one can concentrate and be free of conflicting thoughts, realising that I could not set everything around me straight recognized as much and read; used to hitchhike around the nation and spent time in public libraries wherever I went or visiting museums which were then free, unlike now where they nickle and dime you! Hitched rides from Charleston, South Carolina to see the Confederate Museum in Richmind, Virginia in 1963 and found they started asking for an admission, so I explained that I had no money, just got into town and the director allowed me to view the exhiibits for free. He took me on a personal tour and told me that his predecessor got the bright idea to cover the uniforms in a shelac and while it preserved them, they were like wooden objects carved and turned gray an ugly brown colour. Thankful not everything was touched! Was impressed with a hat with a very wide brim worn by General Robert E. Lee! I'd stay at the local Salvation Army transit lodges and got a cot to sleep on and dinner that evening and breakfast and traded soiled clothes for clean clothing. Worked at day-labour when possible and collected my wages at the end of the day, always not more than mininum wages! Chicago was a place where if you could not find employment elsewhere, you could there, but losing the stockyards meant Chicago suffered as factories closed up as well! Liked military sections of museums best! Army & Navy Surplus Stores had actual surplus of the U.S. Armed Forces too! :w00t: Sarge Booker (POST SCRIPT: In the 1870 and 1880s the U.S. Army officer's wore shoulder knots from 2nd Lieutenant fo full Colonel, General Sheridan wore them also, unauthorized, who was to tell him no? :lol:

post-837-1310169764.jpg