Ever seen this?

48MMS

Terry Horstead sent me the artwork from the AFHRA concerning the 910th Air Refueling Squadron, Bergstrom AFB. Another to "hunt" down. :pinch:

post-1443-1309963230.jpg

flyer333555

Very nice. You recognize the purpose of the unit by the position of the aircraft. Like the idea of the airplane shape, not needed are extra details, such as the airplane's engines. Very beautiful. And the eagle underneath, reminder of the Air Force attack posture.

Thanks for sharing.

Luis R.

:thumbsup:

Here is another unseen insignia, the file was submitted and approved by the Air Force Military Personnel Center days before the announcement the wing was going to close and inactivate, the Commander, I guess decided no to have patches made. I have been requesting Histories of squadrons I was assigned or associated with. I still know people that were assigned to the squadron when it closed, that sere shocked when I sent them the insignia a couple of weeks ago. I, myself were not assigned to the squadron but my duty station was within their squadron area.

66th Armament & Electronics Maintenance Squadron

66th Avionics Maintenance Squadron

Lineage: Constituted: as the 66th Armament & Electronics Maintenance Squadron on Jun 1964 Activated: on 1 Jul 1964. Redesignated: as the 66th Avionics Maintenance Squadron on 2 Jul 1969 Inactivated: on. 01 Apr 1970

Assignments: 66th Tactical Reconnaissance Wing, 1 Jul 1964 – 30 Apr 1970.

Stations: Laon AB, France, 1 Jul 1964;

RAF Upper Heyford, England, 01 Sep 1966 – 1 Apr 1970.

Terry L Horstead

post-3627-1310361337.jpg

Here is another Insignia that has only been made as a patch in subdued colors. This is the official insignia received from USAF HRA a couple of weeks ago.

2d Armament & Electronics Maintenance Squadron

2d Avionics Maintenance Squadron

Lineage: Constituted: as the 2d Armament & Electronics Maintenance Squadron on 4 Jun 1952 Activated: on 16 Jun 1952. Redesignated: as the 2d Avionics Maintenance Squadron on 2 Jul 1969

Assignments:2d Bombardment Wing (Medium) / 2d Bombardment Wing (Heavy) / 2d Wing / 2d Bomb Wing , 16 Jun 1952 –

Stations: Hunter AFB, Georgia, 16 Jun 1952;

Barksdale AFB, Louisiana, 01 Apr 1963 –

Terry K Horstead

post-3627-1310362611.jpg

A while ago I was talking with a friend about the maintenance squadrons of the 72d Bombardment Wing at Ramey AFB PR. Of the people I know no one was aware of any maintenance with an insignia. I requested the Official Histories for one of the friends, I received these insignias. All 5 squadrons had an isignia, OMS for some reason modified their insignia 18 months after it was approved, & the 21st Munitions Maintenance Squadron was designed after the unit moved to Elmendorf AFB, Alaska Sorry about the loss of quality in combining the images into 1 file.

Insignia 1 72d Airborne Missile Maintenance Squadron

Insignia 2 72d Avionics Maintenance Squadron

Insignia 3 72d Field Maintenance Squadron

Insignia 4 72d Organizational Maintenance Squadron (1966 Version)

Insignia 5 72d Organizational Maintenance Squadron (1968 Version )

Insignia 6 21st Munitions Maintenance Squadron (Designed after moving to Alaska)

Terry L Horstead

post-3627-1310366544.jpg