scan0152-1.jpg

scan0154-1.jpg

scan0155-1.jpg

scan0156-1.jpg

scan0157-1.jpg

scan0158-1.jpg

scan0148-1.jpg

scan0149-1.jpg

These were at the Security Police training area along with several F-84F aircraft that replaced large metal Xs used to represent a flightline.

scan0072.jpg

scan0071.jpg

Any idea what happened to those venerable old warbirds? Scrapped :crying: or preserved? :thumbsup:

Sabrejet :think:

There were several F-84s scattered around Lackland the weren't used by the police along with a F-105B outside my basic barracks, a F-104 outside another barracks near the crypto school, and a RF-105 at the museum. I haven't been to Lackland since the late 70s so I couldn't tell you about the condition of any of these aircraft.

I was at Lackland this winter... most of the aircraft look to have been refurbished recently, espeically the ones in the Vietnam air park. The Kingcobra and the Twin Mustang I believe have different paint jobs on them now.

Send_105.jpg

Send_104.jpg

Send_103.jpg

Send_102.jpg

B52_on_display.jpg

Ity's nice to see that they got a "D" model B.U.F.F. and are keeping it up. I wish someone would maintain the one we have at Orlando airport.

Johnny Signor

Yeah the BUFF there I remember seeing some years ago, she was moved around from place to place , and sad that she's being neglected in the upkeep, especially the base there years ago being a "52 " one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I even recall the old base sign out by the main road way back , wish I'd had the sense to have taken photos of it and the 52's when I had the chance (Doh !!!!)

Johnny