WW2 uniforms!!! thumbsup.gif

I try make one timeline of WW2 ... for now ... I looking for:

Red Big One uniform = Nuremberg Trial Display

2nd Infantry Division Officer uniform = D Day Display

101st A/B uniform = Ardennes Display

17th A/B uniform = Invasion of Germany Display

Best regards,

Ricardo.

I actively collect every aspect of WWII--all services, all branches. I collect this field the same way I collected Third Reich--if I don't have it, I search it out. My previous display area covered 3,700 sq. ft. I'm in the process of building yet a larger display area.

If anyone out there has any parachutes or harnesses that they would be willing to part with, I would be very interested.

Jack Angolia

Quick breakdown:

WWII US Army/ AAF Including:

- Crusher Caps

- Combat Uniforms

- Dress Uniforms

- Miscellaneous Gear

However, MOST IMPORTANT:

I collect:

- 29th Infantry Division (ESPECIALLY 116th Infantry Division)

- 8th Air Force

- Italian Campaign Items

(anybody got anything in the above categories, let me know!)

Beau

My collection of items is rather unimpressive compared to many others on this foum. Basically, I collect mostly uniforms and associated items but as far as specific services and eras.....it's all over the board. I'll go for just about anything that strikes my fancy and about the only thing that really holds no intrest for me is Vietnam (SEA) War stuff since I served there (though I do have a bunch of "bring-back" stuff that has some personal meaning/connection). I also don't have much interest in later or current items.

I tend to focus on Marine stuff (WW-I and WW-II) by virtue of the fact I was a Marine in Vietnam but also have a lot of Army WW-I and WW-II stuff along with some Naval aviation and specilas such as PT crews, USAF items and even a couple WW-French uniforms. I also have a very small collewction of swagger sticks.

I guess the lack of focus in my collection has kept it (with the exception of a couple very lucky finds) rather mediocre.

I collect WW1 Army uniforms. That's it.

I've collected WW2 Army/Navy/Marine Corps/AAF uniforms for 22 years now, and have sold everything to concentrate on WW1 Army.

Couldn't be happier.

Dave

More correctly what DON'T I collect...axis nations stuff, Japanese, German, Italian will never be in my house...in the trash barrel yes, but not in the house.

What DO I collect?

U.S. and Canadian uniforms(coats, shirts, trousers, boots, hats, shorts,etc), medals, equipment , insignia, photographs

Circa, 1860 to 1950.

Specifics;

Canadian;

4th Canadian Armored Division, WW2 insignia, uniforms

Royal Canadian Air Force, Pre WW2 to Korea, insignia, uniforms

Infantry and Air Force Web Gear.

U.S.

Infantry, 1860 to 1950, equipment, uniforms etc.

41st and 88th Infantry divisions of WW1 and WW2, insignia, uniforms etc.

U.S. Army Air Corps/Air Force, flight jackets and equipment

National Guard of Pennsylvania

Herringbone Twill uniforms

Anything B-17 Flying Fortress related, manuals, photographs, postcards etc.

I better stop there as this will end up being too long.

Cheers

Great posts.

I collect WWII Era USMC and post WWII Army Combat Uniforms,I prefer Special Forces and Airborne Units along with patches and associated items .The majority of my collection is US items,but the most value is in the Third Reich and Soviet section which wiil eventually be disposed of.I am moving so the collection is in boxes.It is not easy moving 7 rooms that have 14 rooms of stuff.

Thanks,Al

Nice thread. I am pleased to see so many Vietnam collectors. I tried to focus exclusively on Vietnam militaria for years, but eventually found I was more happy acquiring whatever tickles my fancy. My interests are all over the place now, but I still have a soft spot for Vietnam SF/SOG, German Tropical, and WWII US Airborne. I LOVE documented uniform groups with photos, paperwork, etc.

---Chris

Me personally think.gif

WWII and before. All nations, but primarily US. Started as a youngster in the 50's. Not seriously till I got married in 65. I have some post WWII stuff that has been picked up by accident. Some stuff from old Special Forces Sergeants that I have worked with after service in the Navy. That is as much because we are friends more than real interest in Nam stuff. Some weapons from S.E.A. that are just junk souveniers, nothing I would want to try to shoot. :rolleyes: Actually I do not know how many WWI and WWII US uniforms I have. I think I have 75 to 80 WWI US uniforms and not a clue as to the number of WWII ones. The more important items documented. Most not. :blink: I am a terrible pack rat that has an understanding wife that is a real sweetheart. Fortunately for me my son has been infected with the military bug since he was a small boy being drug around junk shops, antique stores, auctions, garage sales, gun shows, etc., etc.. He is worse than I am but at least I have someone to talk military with that is just as addicted as I am. :) At least we agree that we still do not seem to know as much about this junk as we should, the number of years collecting doesn't seem to make you any more of an expert. Just creates more questions. I think my youngest grandson is going to be a collector also. Not sure yet.

Steve

I began my journey in this field collecting exclusively American Civil War items. I had accumulated a very large collection, spending 10 years buying as much as I could find. I consider Civil War to be my soft spot, and the area that I am most knowledgeable. I decided to branch off into Third Reich, and then finally the U.S., commonwealth, French, & Italian fields. I am currently learning about collectibles from the early Russian empire, which seem to have a great investment potential. I am also a collector of historical antique books, political & literature related items. (i.e. - Lincoln, James F. Cooper, Confederate politics, etc) My wife is a Coca-Cola collector, so I consider that a part of my field as well. What can I say, I am diversified...

Chris

I am new here with collecting uniforms.I started as helmet hunter of ww1 era.

Last year a friend ask me to help him out on his uniform search.He needed at that time a complete ww2 US ARMY uniform.After a year he has allmost everything and i was si impressed with the final look!!!! So decided to start to do the same with me. My timeframe is Korea,NAM,and of course WW2 now.And after have seen some nice ww1 uniforms and insignias........the bug bit me!

KH

• 4 weeks later...

I collect edged weapons and anything related to police troops.

My main interest in edged weapons are Civil War period swords and bayonets. However, I am eclectic and I am interested in police swords of all nations and US presentation swords of all time periods. Here is a late 19th Century named presentation Odd Fellows lodge sword worn by a US Civil War veteran.

Odd_sword_outfit.JPG

My main interest in police troops is the US Constabulary in Europe. Again, I am eclectic and I am interested in uniforms of the Military Police from all branches of service and time periods. Here is a complete identified WWII Air Corps Auxiliary Military Police Sergeant's uniform.

Air_Corps_Police_tunic.JPG

My collecting interest comes directly from family WW1 Army and WW2/very early Vietnam Marine connections. I've inherited a ton of stuff so just basically fill in the blanks, and replace things I messed up playing with as a kid, with the odd thing grabbed just because it's cool. My question to others is, that without a direct connection -whether you're a veteran or have/had a military family member- where does your specific interest in a certain US division or whatever come from?

Tough question because who knows why we like certain things.

My collecting interest comes directly from family WW1 Army and WW2/very early Vietnam Marine connections. I've inherited a ton of stuff so just basically fill in the blanks, and replace things I messed up playing with as a kid, with the odd thing grabbed just because it's cool. My question to others is, that without a direct connection -whether you're a veteran or have/had a military family member- where does your specific interest in a certain US division or whatever come from?

Tough question because who knows why we like certain things.

I like US Constabulary items - patches w/ unit tabs or uniforms w/ patches w/ unit tabs, as well as military railway service patches/DIs because I wrote several magazine articles on units. I have spoken publicly about these units and had items from my collecting interests on display.

Being in the location that I am in, I pretty much pick up what is available and what interests me. I really like Nebraska groupings, era does not matter too much nor does branch of service. I have a little bit of everything but not alot of one specific item or unit. I do enjoy viewing the other great collections on this site. The knowledge base and variety keeps me well informed of US military items. I do have some other country's items but they are vet's bring backs. I do not actively collect them.

Anything Marine Corps!! My primary interests are centered around WW1 USMC 4th Marine Brigade memorabilia - helmets, uniforms, Indian head patches, medals/medal groups, photos (especially interested in panoramic photos of individual companies of the 4th Brigade), EGA's, collar discs, etc.

I've also ventured toward WW2 Marine uniforms and photos.

I collect strictly WWII US 106th Infantry Division items.

My main unit of interest within the 106th is the 589th Field Artillery Battalion.

I'm always looking for 106th stuff, so if you know/have something for sale don't hesitate to contact me thumbsup.gif;)

106th.jpg

Best regards

Carl