American Volunteer....Royal Canadian Air Force.

Jack's Son

Jack's Son

Flight Sergeant Melvin Frederick Ramsey Was Killed In Action March 23rd, 1942 at the age of 22 years. He left his native state of Florida to enlisted in the Royal Canadian Air Force two years before American entered the war. He was stationed in England and was killed in an collision over the air field while attempting to land after a mission over Europe. He is buried with his comrades in a Canadian Cemetery.

post-8213-1309494986.jpg

canadian bacon

:jeal0001: wow what a beautiful group air crew europe stars are very difficult to come by especially in a group like this the mothers cross is extremely nice as well nice find

You have a very eclectic collection of medals and awards JS. Another "winner"!

Ian :thumbsup:

vicjoy1945

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Fantastic grouping JS !!

I have a very keen interest in WWII RAF groupings as my uncle served in the RAF during WWII. So much so that I have several WWII RAF DFM groupings including one to a Pole and an RAF DFC grouping to boot.

The Memorial Cross is very moving. I have one to a Kiwi who was serving in the RAF.

Huge thanks for showing !!

Vic

JS - OUTSTANDING group. I have always had an affinity for "Yanks in the RAF' groups. As an RCAF airman his Memorial Cross ties everything together as none of the other medals are named. Paperwork is also outstanding.

:thumbsup:

Bobgee

Jack's Son

Vic,

I have a few more groupings, two with DFC's, but unfortunately they have no US connection.

I have grown to really appreciate the "British-style" of Medal crafting.

Thank you for your comments.

Jack's Son
:jeal0001: wow what a beautiful group air crew europe stars are very difficult to come by especially in a group like this the mothers cross is extremely nice as well nice find

Thank you!

OMG, this is great group! I just started researching a man from my hometown who volunteered for the RCAF and died in 1942. His name and information is:

Allison Sheir Guelich Born:1917

AMERICAN CITIZEN WHO PARTICIPATED IN THE BRITISH COMMONWEALTH AIR TRAINING PLAN, HELD THE RANK OF LEADING AIRCRAFTMAN AND SERVED AS A PILOT TRAINEE IN THE ROYAL CANADIAN AIR FORCE. KILLED ON ACTIVE SERVICE AT THE AGE OF 25 IN A TRAINING ACCIDENT AT NO. 6 SERVICE FLYING TRAINING SCHOOL, DUNNVILLE, ONTARIO, CANADA ON APRIL 17, 1942. BURIED AT CEDAR LAWN CEMETERY, PATERSON, NEW JERSEY.

I am attempting to get his service record and hopefully a picture.