First display of my ejection seats

F-89J

First time out for my restored F-89J Scorpion seat and unrestored T-33 seat. Seats were displayed at the annual retiree breakfast

at the 148th FW in Duluth MN. Displayed with the '89 seat is a 16X20 print on canvas of a unit F-89J and a poem about the F-89.

Like Capt. Fig I'm just getting started on the T-33 seat, fortunately I have the aircraft tail number and have researched the unit

assignments and am looking for patches from those units. The history and patches for the F-89 are nearly complete.

post-43694-1309489778.jpg

post-43694-1309489817.jpg

I have always loved the F-89, a good old American masterpiece! A few years ago I designed an F-89 patch that a friend then made for me in return for the artwork. Like the F-94B, it was created in the paint program of Windows.

post-1443-1309492078.jpg

Fascinating and fine work. Where do you keep them when you don't have them out?

They are currently covered in the garage. I would like to keep them in the basement but that would preclude taking them out for others to see.

I have always loved the F-89, a good old American masterpiece! A few years ago I designed an F-89 patch that a friend then made for me in return for the artwork. Like the F-94B, it was created in the paint program of Windows.

I worked Special Weapons on the F-89J and F-101B/F. Here's the patch we had made from artwork supplied by Douglas Aircraft.

post-43694-1309494677.jpg

Well done display!

MW

Thanks. Hope to add story boards with the aircraft assignment history and patches.

Very nice. I know it took a long time and a lot of work.

Lots of late hours in the garage and figuring out how to fabricate parts. Picture is of the explosive initiators and canopy switch made from wood.

post-43694-1309495147.jpg

Our members never stop impressing me with the talent they possess.

I am impressed! :thumbsup:

And rightfully so :D !!

USMF new member "Capt Fig" is just getting started on the project of restoring a T-33 seat, like one he egressed out on one day long ago.

I hope he sees this thread. He's looking for parts and I'm sure he'd be impressed with your achievement, as am I.

USMF new member "Capt Fig" is just getting started on the project of restoring a T-33 seat, like one he egressed out on one day long ago.

I hope he sees this thread. He's looking for parts and I'm sure he'd be impressed with your achievement, as am I.

Fig and I are in contact and keep each other up to speed with our progress.

Cobrahistorian
I worked Special Weapons on the F-89J and F-101B/F. Here's the patch we had made from artwork supplied by Douglas Aircraft.

Glad to see you and Fig have made contact. Looking forward to updates from both of you guys!

As for this patch, it is absolutely brilliant!

Jon

Glad to see you and Fig have made contact. Looking forward to updates from both of you guys!

As for this patch, it is absolutely brilliant!

Jon

Our Armament Shop used the patch with an "ARMAMENT" tab over the top and our Augmentee loaders used a "LOADING" tab

They are currently covered in the garage. I would like to keep them in the basement but that would preclude taking them out for others to see.

Well then you need a new first floor display room with a garage door! Move those cars out into the driveway and get to work...just kidding...maybe. :w00t:

Nice job on the seats. Thanks for sharing.

• 3 years later...