USN Uniform Grouping w/ Peacoat, R.W. Hinea

carnut63

Here is a set that I just aquired. It came with the Peacoat, wool jumper and pants, and a sort of polyester type jumper and pants along with a khaki set of leggings and 2 white sets. Here are some pics, everything is near perfect condition except there is a little dirt on the jumper piping and one small moth hole in the jumper, the peacoat is PERFECT! (I am excited to finally get one since it has been in my to find list for a while but always go for un-godly amounts of money)

The set it named to R.W. Hinea. here is his information from online. Enjoy :thumbsup:

Ray Waldo Hinea

Receiving Ship Puget Sound Wash 3 Dec 1917 to 11 Nov 1918.

Seaman, Second Class 97 days;

Yeoman, Third Class 122 days;

Yeoman, Second Class 92 days;

Yeoman, First Class 41 days.

Released 31 Dec 1918.

Honorable discharge 30 Sept 1921.

Lack of funds.

Died: June 1963, Washington.

SAM_0786.jpg

SAM_0787.jpg

SAM_0784.jpg

SAM_0785.jpg

SAM_0794.jpg

Great looking jumper and pant's there and the peacoat is also great..

But a stupid question what is lack of funds discharge ..I do not get that one ..

Great looking jumper and pant's there and the peacoat is also great..

But a stupid question what is lack of funds discharge ..I do not get that one ..

That would probilily mean the post war period, when the armed forces began to demobilise following the great war , and large numbers of servicemen, officers and enlistedmen alike from the army and the navy where being discharged,with the ever parsimonious congress cutting of funding for the armed forces. The post great war period is well know for being a time when funding for the services where (as they allways had been after a major war)slashed to the bone.

Here is a set that I just aquired. It came with the Peacoat, wool jumper and pants, and a sort of polyester type jumper and pants along with a khaki set of leggings and 2 white sets. Here are some pics, everything is near perfect condition except there is a little dirt on the jumper piping and one small moth hole in the jumper, the peacoat is PERFECT! (I am excited to finally get one since it has been in my to find list for a while but always go for un-godly amounts of money)

The set it named to R.W. Hinea. here is his information from online. Enjoy :thumbsup:

Ray Waldo Hinea

Receiving Ship Puget Sound Wash 3 Dec 1917 to 11 Nov 1918.

Seaman, Second Class 97 days;

Yeoman, Third Class 122 days;

Yeoman, Second Class 92 days;

Yeoman, First Class 41 days.

Released 31 Dec 1918.

Honorable discharge 30 Sept 1921.

Lack of funds.

Died: June 1963, Washington.

SAM_0786.jpg

SAM_0787.jpg

SAM_0784.jpg

SAM_0785.jpg

SAM_0794.jpg

ONE WORD, MAGNIFECENT!

thank you for the reply because i never heard of that one before about lack of fund's part..I have heard of the good of the service or medical or even a person is needed at home..but never the lack of fund's part of the military ..

I know that some of the guys where kept and they where paid less than the orignal amount of the pay but that was something that they knew was comeing ..Dureing the great depression one of my great uncle's talked about him beening paid about $15.oo dollar's a month less than he would normaly got for his rank of Sergeant in the Marine's ..He stayed in because of getting feed and place to stay and some money in his pocket compared to alot of the people back them..

thank you for the reply because i never heard of that one before about lack of fund's part..I have heard of the good of the service or medical or even a person is needed at home..but never the lack of fund's part of the military ..

I know that some of the guys where kept and they where paid less than the orignal amount of the pay but that was something that they knew was comeing ..Dureing the great depression one of my great uncle's talked about him beening paid about $15.oo dollar's a month less than he would normaly got for his rank of Sergeant in the Marine's ..He stayed in because of getting feed and place to stay and some money in his pocket compared to alot of the people back them..

In this case here it would only apply to the immidiate post war period, as i stated, the the goverment was at thus time, mid to late 1921 being to reduce the strenght of the armed forces. During the depression the armed forces continued to accept enlisties, but had a cap on the amount that could be signed up. For the army this was the time of a general period of stagnation, in both procurement of new weapons and equipment, only in the air corps and the tank corps where there new equipment and doctrine's explored,IE the converting of the 1st cavalry regement from a horse mounted unit to a mechinized unit.Also there was a massive slow down in promotion's, and very few new officers(save west point graduates) where taken into the army. In the navy the commissioning of the new aircraft carriers where seen but the navy aviation advocates like those in the army air corps had to consantly fight with the powers that be,both military and cilvilan .

• 3 years later...

I am in the process of going through my old postings and fixing the links to Photobucket that no longer are allowed here. I would edit the postings but it seems I dont have that option. It actually cool to go through them and see how much I have learned from the smart people on here over the years.

I like this set because it is in almost perfect condition, looks like it was never even worn. Geeze the pics are crappy, sorry I am working on getting some better ones taken later this year...

post-6259-0-37163100-1413115767.jpg

post-6259-0-71044800-1413115780.jpg

post-6259-0-60895700-1413115792.jpg

post-6259-0-58981000-1413115717.jpg

post-6259-0-52926000-1413115751.jpg

post-6259-0-38164500-1413115733.jpg

post-6259-0-11580000-1413115805.jpg

• 2 months later...