Please show us your Fake tiger stripes uniforms

hochiminhtrail

Forum Manager

Here is a link here on this forum about how to read stock numbers. Use it as a basic run through, but understand when Alpha made these jackets they were made to sell on the civilian market and they made their tags to look as military issue as possible. So compare your tag to the ones posted.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/11635-need-help-on-a-contract-date/

"Who said anything about mine being for sale???"

You did, on Facebook!

"FOR SALE- my Alpha industries, mid 70's tigerstripe M65. Commercially produced to high quality, military standards. £1,000."

7839 is probably just a made up number to either make it look more "military" or it's Alpha's own coding number. It certainly doesn't make it 1978 if that's what you are thinking.

Well no surprise but the FB post went into a childish/immature direction and the guy was banned or removed from that page. I think the best thing is to ignore and not post anymore replies about this jacket. It appears that this guy is argumentative just for the wind up. Everything that is going to be said about this jacket has been said and any other comments are just gonna be met with arrogant and disrespectful comments from the poster.

You did, on Facebook!

"FOR SALE- my Alpha industries, mid 70's tigerstripe M65. Commercially produced to high quality, military standards. £1,000."

If this was mid 70's using this hunting print wouldn't it be done on ripstop and be vivid ? Alpha made the m65 erdl around that time period using ripstop cloth from the RDF period , so a ripstop 70's tiger would be more likely ?

For me this jacket is 90's onwards but not modern as in made last few years as cloth don't seem right.

You did, on Facebook!

Jepp, he posted it on FB for £170 as authentic war time tiger at first than revised it for £1,000 as "joke", lol.

Let him live in his own "vietnam era tiger world". He disgrace this repro thread with his ignorance, too.

Well said Gimp .

Its sad but true that we live in a weird world.

That being said ............

I live for the day that a REAL NAM made M-51 - M-65 type jacket surfaces !!!.

If there is a Cloud police pattern type I seen NO reason for a Tiger custom one to be made by someone somewhere.

I have NEVER seen of heard of an example or seen a picture but with NAM camouflage you just NEVER know what is around the corner !!!!

We live in collecting dreams ............

Bottom line there were several manufactures who got on the late 1970s tiger bandwagon including RANGER SALES , WINFIELD CORP .......Alpha to name but a few ,

all had different cloth and styles of printing but used the same pattern which was final VNMC type ....and not the Thai one so please dont jump on me for that .

Tiger is still being printed today by many more and most seem to follow this type ........except Rothco who did a classic Japanese print for its BDU ......heck you can even buy the cloth in surplus stores by the yard !

but thats another story.

owen

If i remember right, this Tadpole/Silver pattern boonie was made/sold by 'gogogo1945' (or maybe panzerfaust1943) in ca. 2007-2009.

Both are from Hong Kong.

The seller sold only stone wash garments (uniforms, boonies, berets).

Sold shortly before Moore and SOF came out with their Tadpole/Silver uniforms.

Could you post or PM me, some photos from the uniform, please?

I can compare this with my data.

Regards

P.S.: Go back to post #29, i think this is your uniform, right? Same buttons, cut and pattern...

Hi Gimp

You were right with that boonie hat

This is production gogogo1945 - I wrote to him, and maybe I'll have a uniform TS Silver from him

I am waiting for information, then definitely post the pictures of uniform

Regards

Piotr

Hi Gimp

You were right with that boonie hat

This is production gogogo1945 - I wrote to him, and maybe I'll have a uniform TS Silver from him

I am waiting for information, then definitely post the pictures of uniform

Regards

Piotr

Hi Piotr,

this silver TS should be the matching set for your boonie:

http://www.usmilitar...-1193491579.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Wich repro are the closest match to original T.S. ?

I have Moores tadpole set, but Im looking at East Asia repros, are they good?

Regards

Ken

Mack-the-Finger

In my personal opinion, East Asia Supply Co. is Extremely Recommendable, in any kind of item they put their attention to; I have only a Golden Advisor Sparse type, thick poplin, specimen on my hands and boy, is it rewarding!

Got to wait for some TS expert to get a reliable judgement, but as far as I'm concerned, I'd buy anything blindly from them. They're field gear repros are just the real thing -I'm talking about STABO riggings & the pouches (the Hot/Wet Environment FAK pouches, for instance, are virtually originals. A simple thing to be reproduced, yet, you can do it wrong). Last but frankly not least, they free ship.

Could You tell me about the Moores' quality?

In my personal opinion, East Asia Supply Co. is Extremely Recommendable, in any kind of item they put their attention to; I have only a Golden Advisor Sparse type, thick poplin, specimen on my hands and boy, is it rewarding!

Got to wait for some TS expert to get a reliable judgement, but as far as I'm concerned, I'd buy anything blindly from them. They're field gear repros are just the real thing -I'm talking about STABO riggings & the pouches (the Hot/Wet Environment FAK pouches, for instance, are virtually originals. A simple thing to be reproduced, yet, you can do it wrong). Last but frankly not least, they free ship.

Could You tell me about the Moores' quality?

Thanks for the reply. About Moores I think they are pretty good. Havnt yet washed and put them to use so I cant really tell. Worksmanship seems good and Im sure they will hold up well for use.

Mack-the-Finger

Worksmanship seems good and Im sure they will hold up well for use.

I see, many thanks. I do have great consideration for MooreMilitaria, the guy's a gentleman & they're 100% reliable in what they trade, nonetheless I'm a bit concerned about some of their repros' standards. I've bought from Moore the 3rd Pattern jungle trousers: the fabric & construction are simply OK, they're correct & just like the real thing (they'll tear open in the underbrush just like the real ones used to!), addictional details found me disappointed, though; buttons are far from being GI, modern BDU buttons will provide for it, I wonder why they haven't employed them from the start; waist adjustment tabs just can't keep in place, you got to substitute them with real ones from modern BDUs also if you want them to stay put; I disliked ankle laces also, so I've replaced them with original period laces, this might appear a little nitpicking, but we're talking about reproductions, after all.

As an OT parenthesis, I was considerably disappointed by their repro jungle boots shape too -nearly astonished, actually, but that's another story..

vintageproductions

There is a huge thread pinned at the top of this uniform section on repro tiger stripes, you may want to check out. It gives the pros & cons of which ones are considered the best.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/11395-please-show-us-your-fake-tiger-stripes-uniforms/

Thanks for the heads up on the link.

You can't go wrong with EA. EA is forever changing ideas for color and cut of tigers unlike everyone else. They do everything from advisor suits to party suits to back packs and flight bags. They are producing yet another color to the range a green gold.