hochiminhtrail

Please show us your Fake tiger stripes uniforms

looks like Tadpole Sparse pattern

first run heavy-weight fabric with black stripes, not the blue stripes variant

by Sessler/Nakatashoten Japan

looks like Tadpole Sparse pattern

first run heavy-weight fabric with black stripes, not the blue stripes variant

by Sessler/Nakatashoten Japan

Thanks! I never would've been able to figure that out myself. The sizes definitely look right according to this store's page: http://item.rakuten.co.jp/auc-swat/ses0500902/

Here's a pic of the button. Shirt has lower pockets only.

post-162089-0-42465000-1458003343.jpg

is the left one the real one?

I only take a wild guess cause it looks a little like its been washed at little. Then again it could be the repro and faded and washed 'cause some one didn't mind washing repro. haha I can't tell

Real is left , right is repro.

But yeah one or two washes on the repro and it's bang on. I can see people buying these and working dark magic and selling them on eBay as real.

I brought a pair of trousers from the new East Asia classic pattern (JWD) - as shown above - just to see how they where. Its ok, but not a brilliant copy. There is too much base fabric showing - especially around the black stripes. Plus, as always, the fabric is way off. Finally, it is designed to look faded from scratch - the classic pattern never looks like this when mint. Its a shame (or fortunate, depending on your viewpoint) because, with a bit more work, it could have been really good.

Anyone seen the new early pattern (JWS) copies from Korea close up? They look very good in pictures. Makes one think, that you might have to look twice at supposedly original early pattern suits.

Anyone else make good repro tiger stripes besides Moore Militaria? He seems to be out of stock at this moment.

Does anyone have any good ideas on how I can "lighten up" a tiger stripe top? I have a bottom-of-the-line reproduction one, and the colors are really dark and muddy. I just want to make it a little brighter so it doesn't look so crappy. I was thinking of dumping a dash of bleach in the washing machine and running it through to see what happens but I wanted to see if anyone had any better ideas.

Does anyone have any good ideas on how I can "lighten up" a tiger stripe top? I have a bottom-of-the-line reproduction one, and the colors are really dark and muddy. I just want to make it a little brighter so it doesn't look so crappy. I was thinking of dumping a dash of bleach in the washing machine and running it through to see what happens but I wanted to see if anyone had any better ideas.

Maybe just hang it up outside and let the sun do some fading?

Ok I can admit it now I believe these to be fake. But in my defense they looked better online

post-65446-0-54390800-1492208971_thumb.jpg

Scruff was the best boy who was at my side for 16 years. He will be terribly missed.

Here's an illustration of what eastasiasupply JDW print looks like after some real wear in the sun.

post-105167-0-60204900-1534618076.png

These are new to the market mate , spot the difference see if you can guess real and repro.

And after a year in the sun. Says a lot about dye techniques. Nothing like a good quality material and vat-dye.

Are there ANY report manufacturers who produce a quality JWD of the correct fabric, print and dye?

post-105167-0-95335900-1534618292_thumb.jpg

Based upon my experience, you'll not get them looking like the real thing. They'll fade for sure, but likely to turn the color of the base fabric. In most cases, that's a tan brown or OD. The dye process for modern repros is not what it was in the 60s and they don't hold any colors very well.