Please show us your Fake tiger stripes uniforms

hochiminhtrail

Does anyone have any good ideas on how I can "lighten up" a tiger stripe top? I have a bottom-of-the-line reproduction one, and the colors are really dark and muddy. I just want to make it a little brighter so it doesn't look so crappy. I was thinking of dumping a dash of bleach in the washing machine and running it through to see what happens but I wanted to see if anyone had any better ideas.

Does anyone have any good ideas on how I can "lighten up" a tiger stripe top? I have a bottom-of-the-line reproduction one, and the colors are really dark and muddy. I just want to make it a little brighter so it doesn't look so crappy. I was thinking of dumping a dash of bleach in the washing machine and running it through to see what happens but I wanted to see if anyone had any better ideas.

Maybe just hang it up outside and let the sun do some fading?

• 1 year later...

These are new to the market mate , spot the difference see if you can guess real and repro.

And after a year in the sun. Says a lot about dye techniques. Nothing like a good quality material and vat-dye.

Are there ANY report manufacturers who produce a quality JWD of the correct fabric, print and dye?

post-105167-0-95335900-1534618292_thumb.jpg

Based upon my experience, you'll not get them looking like the real thing. They'll fade for sure, but likely to turn the color of the base fabric. In most cases, that's a tan brown or OD. The dye process for modern repros is not what it was in the 60s and they don't hold any colors very well.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...