Please show us your Fake tiger stripes uniforms

hochiminhtrail

Thanks guys for the replies. A couple more questions. Does anyone have an identical pair from SOF to post ? Would this set be as old as the story ?

Thanks again, Mitch

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Bombe_Atomique

Moore is selling an "Apocalypse Now" Cpt. Willard uniform set. They are using the silver pattern.

But if I remember correctly, in the movie Willard wears the classic pattern, didn't he?

Posted on soldiersystems:

soldiersystems.net/2015/08/30/the-col-kurtz-uniform-package-from-moore-militaria

Yes he wore the Classic pattern.

I will have WILLARDS Classic tiger shirt pictured in my up coming Vietnam Camouflage book.

I got to play with it for a day !!!

Its really nice.

owen

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to share some new advisor cut gold tiger stripes from Moore Military.

Also wanted to thank all that have donated their knowledge to this post.

This is my first real replica set of tiger stripes, rothco doesn't count from many moons ago.

Set is medium regular.

I am tall and skinny; 6'1½", about 170 pounds, 33 X 34 pants, 41 chest, 35½" sleeve, 7⅛ skull.

The uniform fits excellent, like its been tailored to fit.

Pants are medium sized about 34 plus. Plentiful length for blousing, rolling or hemmed.

The legs are notmbaggy like a typical uniform, but are more like a pair jeans.

All in all the pants fit great!

Shirt is a size medium.

Chest is about a 44 or 45ish, plenty of room for me.

Fits great across the shoulders.

Plenty of length for tucking! No problems with the shirt coming untucked.

Sleeves are perfect! When I put my arms straight out to the front it comes perfectly to the wrist, no Jethro Bodean for me! My biggest problem with most shirts and coats is short sleeve length.

Not so one bit with Moore's Advisor Gold Tiger Stripes!

Now for the picture show.

Enjoy!

post-159523-0-93518900-1442184463.jpg

post-159523-0-23932900-1442184491.jpg

• 5 months later...

Hi all, first post :)

Any ideas about these? While visiting Japan, I picked them up cheap at a recycle shop (thrift store, essentially) because I liked the way they fit.

I can find absolutely no tags or marking other than the stamp in the picture.

Seemingly nice twill fabric, button fly, can take more pics if needed.

bmXf9J0.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
vintageproductions

Hunting clothing probably made by Ranger Sales or one of the other commercial companies

• 5 months later...

is the left one the real one?

I only take a wild guess cause it looks a little like its been washed at little. Then again it could be the repro and faded and washed 'cause some one didn't mind washing repro. haha I can't tell

Real is left , right is repro.

But yeah one or two washes on the repro and it's bang on. I can see people buying these and working dark magic and selling them on eBay as real.

• 3 months later...

I brought a pair of trousers from the new East Asia classic pattern (JWD) - as shown above - just to see how they where. Its ok, but not a brilliant copy. There is too much base fabric showing - especially around the black stripes. Plus, as always, the fabric is way off. Finally, it is designed to look faded from scratch - the classic pattern never looks like this when mint. Its a shame (or fortunate, depending on your viewpoint) because, with a bit more work, it could have been really good.

Anyone seen the new early pattern (JWS) copies from Korea close up? They look very good in pictures. Makes one think, that you might have to look twice at supposedly original early pattern suits.

• 3 months later...