Please show us your Fake tiger stripes uniforms

hochiminhtrail

Happy New Year,

photo #1

Should be the JWD/classic pattern from 'panzerfaust1943' / Hong Kong.

photo #2

Should be the ADS/Gold pattern from 'CAB' or 'Pineapple' / Japan.

They came in lighter and darker colors.

Some have BDU or flat buttons, some pants have waist tabs.

Hope this helps

LAPIS PALACE

THE HK MADE SET ABOVE HAS A PATTERN RECOG. STRIPE THAT LOOKS LIKE A PIG WITH WINGS ON IT'S HEAD.MOST EVERY PATTERN HAS BORROWED FROM A PREDECESSOR BEFORE. THE VNMS IS ONE OF THE OLDEST OF THE WAR I GUESS..TIGER STRIPE IS ALL I'M INTERESTED IN.

I have a question

what the type and manufacturer of the boonie hat - i got together with uniform

I think Japan made

img4519p.jpg

img4518d.jpg

img4520m.jpg

greetings

thanks Gimp

I just bought a uniform, a reproduction of Tiger Stripe Products made in USA

cotton 100%

img4521s.jpg

Nice TSP,

where and when you get them? Any current online shops? Manufactoring date?

This kind of cotton twill fabric was made in ca. 1987. First flat buttons and within this year, TSP made BDU buttons, too.

They came with large green/olive milspec-style label, sometimes white small tags like yours.

Now i see that they have camo BDU buttons.

Regards

I have a question

what the type and manufacturer of the boonie hat - i got together with uniform

I think Japan made

img4519p.jpg

greetings

If i remember right, this Tadpole/Silver pattern boonie was made/sold by 'gogogo1945' (or maybe panzerfaust1943) in ca. 2007-2009.

Both are from Hong Kong.

The seller sold only stone wash garments (uniforms, boonies, berets).

Sold shortly before Moore and SOF came out with their Tadpole/Silver uniforms.

Could you post or PM me, some photos from the uniform, please?

I can compare this with my data.

Regards

P.S.: Go back to post #29, i think this is your uniform, right? Same buttons, cut and pattern...

Could you post or PM me, some photos from the uniform, please?

I can compare this with my data.

Regards

P.S.: Go back to post #29, i think this is your uniform, right? Same buttons, cut and pattern...

Hi

I do not exactly have written before - I only have this hat - came together with TSP uniform

Regards

Forum Manager

Definately a fake, that was sold in surplus stores in the 80's-90's.

No original tiger stripe will ever be marked MADE IN USA, or have tags like this jacket.

Apparently it's made by Alpha industries, post 70's, for the commercial market. The 3 stripes might make a good reference point for identifying future fakes-

By the mid 1970’s, Alpha’s fame as the preeminent manufacturer of military clothing began to spread by word of mouth outside the militaryorganizations. Surplus jackets and pants made by Alpha were quickly sold to the public through Army Navy stores. Alpha’s clothing was valued over other brands because Alpha made its commercial clothing with the same quality and materials as the clothing it made for the military. Because garments made for the U.S. military were indistinguishable from those made for commercial customers Alpha decided to place three lines on the labels of commercial clothing so factory workers could readily identify which jackets were part of a government contract from those that were not.

Although not intended by Alpha, the 3 line label became a visual trade mark of Alpha that consumers recognized as representing superior quality, performance and comfort in a military garment. Alpha subsequently trademarked the three line label and later integrated the three lines into it’s now famous Alpha logo.

Well this jacket is a lower quality Alpha using shoddy fabric.

Whats with the Facebook rant .........?

Jacket is worth $15 with the crap repair ......if you could even get that .

owen

The three stripes means it's military grade fabric-

the 3 line label became a visual trade mark of Alpha that consumers recognized as representing superior quality, performance and comfort in a military garment.

vintageproductions

Military Grade fabric, is also used on civilian clothing.....It's just the quality of the cloth, nothing to do with it being made for military only.

Owen, don't you have a bunch of these civilian jackets in NOS condition?

The cloth on the m65 tiger was used here in the UK in the 90's. The 3 main items made in that cloth were exposed button utility cross BDU pants. They were utility patch pocket rear and hand pocket with small BDU cargo pockets. The other was MA1 jacket and this m65 jacket, the cloth looked made in china style. The fade kind of gives it away for me, the other tigers in this print fade darker where as this has gone bright.

Main seller for these in the UK was Yeomans and retailed for £14.99 a pair of pants.

Forum Manager

I don't see an aggresive remarks.

What he said, is the truth, and is what jackets in this condition sell for in U.S. used clothing stores, flea markets and in rag mills.

Also, if you look at the Alpha stock number line, on the tag, it shows the jackets as being made in 2001. Purely a civilian fashion jacket.

I don't see an aggresive remarks.

What he said, is the truth, and is what jackets in this condition sell for in U.S. used clothing stores, flea markets and in rag mills.

Also, if you look at the Alpha stock number line, on the tag, it shows the jackets as being made in 2001. Purely a civilian fashion jacket.

Where's the website where i can enter the stock number and check that?