1943 G P AMMO BAG

REG

Sure looks like 1943, very nice bag. :thumbsup:

FYI the whole bag is made of olive drab green canvas...not "tan". The body is OD 3 and the trim is OD 7.

Justin

Sure looks like 1943, very nice bag. :thumbsup:

FYI the whole bag is made of olive drab green canvas...not "tan". The body is OD 3 and the trim is OD 7.

Justin

Thanks, Justin

Been looking for one of these lighter OD :thumbsup: shaded bags for a while, but they are ridiculously priced (Usually)

Cheers!

camelgreen44

Reg- I have the same bag as yours, The Manuf. is Morrow & Douglas. There ia a difference in the edge color on mine also,althiogh not as pronounced. Mine has a bit of fading and usage. hope this helps as to maker .Denny

post-334-1309303084.jpg

post-334-1309303105.jpg

post-334-1309303134.jpg

craig_pickrall

You got lucky on this bag. That is the version popular with the airborne. Some of these bags have an O ring on one side and a snap hook on the other. The ones like yours, with two snap hooks were worn as chest packs. They would attach the snap hooks to the D Ring on the M36 suspenders.

The photo of Ike talking to the 101st troopers just before the D-Day jump shows a trooper with one of these bags attached to his suspenders.

craig_pickrall

The canteen made in Japan is not military issue. They are still sold today in the camping gear section of stores like Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Dick's, etc. The canteen, cover and web belt are around $10.