UCV Ladder Badge

tarbridge

ladder007_1.jpg

I Collect United Confederate Veteran Ladder Badges from North Carolina.Here is one in my Collection.Thanks,Robert

Absolutely beautiful! I have yet to add a UCV ladder to the collection, but it is definitely on the list.

Thank you for sharing!

SCF-Collector

Great badge Robert - thanks for posting the picture.

Just for the record these is not technically a United Confederate Veterans (UCV) badge. It is a shield-type ladder badge, and it is definitely Confederate - but it's not a piece issued or sanctioned by the UCV. These are badges usually assembled (engraved) and sold at reunion events, so I guess you could call it UCV-related, but it's not one of the badges they issued for local, state, or national events. I have actually seen two shield-type ladder badges that are specifically UCV related - one for a past-commander of a UCV camp and another for a Matron of Honor for a reunion in Charleston, SC. But again, these weren't UCV-issued badges so much as badges created by UCV members that specifically reference a UCV person/event and include a UCV or United Confederate Veterans stamped reference.

I don't recall having ever seen a NC shield-type ladder badge - it's a fantastic piece! Thanks again for sharing the picture.

Great badge Robert - thanks for posting the picture.

Just for the record these is not technically a United Confederate Veterans (UCV) badge. It is a shield-type ladder badge, and it is definitely Confederate - but it's not a piece issued or sanctioned by the UCV. These are badges usually assembled (engraved) and sold at reunion events, so I guess you could call it UCV-related, but it's not one of the badges they issued for local, state, or national events. I have actually seen two shield-type ladder badges that are specifically UCV related - one for a past-commander of a UCV camp and another for a Matron of Honor for a reunion in Charleston, SC. But again, these weren't UCV-issued badges so much as badges created by UCV members that specifically reference a UCV person/event and include a UCV or United Confederate Veterans stamped reference.

I don't recall having ever seen a NC shield-type ladder badge - it's a fantastic piece! Thanks again for sharing the picture.

Mickey,My fault and you are 100% Correct.As Someone who collected UCV items for many years I tend to categorize these items in the same group.I called this badge UCV by nature of habit by association of Confederate Veterans wearing them to Reunions and Functions they attended.Companies would run ads in the Confederate Veterans magazine offering to sell Ladder Badges to Veterans.I did not mean to imply they were issue or sanctioned by the UCV.The topic heading should have been-Confederate Veteran Ladder Badge.Thanks for bringing that to my attention,Robert

SCF-Collector

No problem Robert - I do the same thing. I've collected UCV for 25+ years myself.

I thought you might like to see a picture of one of the Confederate Veteran ladder badges I mentioned in my previous post. It's one in the later shield-type construction that actually references the UCV. It's for the past commander of Camp 171, United Confederate Veterans, Washington, DC - E. W. Anderson.

post-1293-1309315233.jpg

Yes, there were UCV Camps in Washington, DC - at least two that I know of for sure, and I believe there was also a third one.

No problem Robert - I do the same thing. I've collected UCV for 25+ years myself.

I thought you might like to see a picture of one of the Confederate Veteran ladder badges I mentioned in my previous post. It's one in the later shield-type construction that actually references the UCV. It's for the past commander of Camp 171, United Confederate Veterans, Washington, DC - E. W. Anderson.

UCV_171_Badge.JPG

Yes, there were UCV Camps in Washington, DC - at least two that I know of for sure, and I believe there was also a third one.

Thanks.That is Nice Badge.I will post some more later also.Robert