Marine seabag markings help

walt323

post-3685-1308958925.jpg

I picked up this WW2 Marine seabag recently. I have looked thru all the UNIS postings I can find on the forum but I haven't seen any markings like this. The name on the bag is R.H. Clark. I did see where the UPT mark refers to the unit personnel tonnage table. I don't have a clue on the rest of the markings. Any help would be appreciated.

shrapneldude

Most times when they have the weight put on something, more often it's a box or trunk or something though, it's for "organizational gear" and is marked for embarkation, i.e. on a ship or air transport.

Total shot in the dark, but I think with those markings, it might have been that Mr. Clark volunteered his seabag to hold field gear for his unit and it was put in with cargo? Just a thought.

I'm with SHRAPNELDUDE, likely that bag was repurposed by the organization to hold unit gear. Oftentimes service member who were KIA/WIA had their field gear dumped back into the parent companies supply chain for re-issue that MAY have been what happened here. Usually though in Naval Services fashion that previous owners name is "struck" (marked out).