Sign in to follow this  
henry2

SeaBag Inspection

I'm looking for a photo's of the US Naval personal seabag layed out for uniform inspection with it complete invertory of the seabag that was issused to a person in the Navy time of WW2 era ..

Thank for the info

I just passed up a chance to buy some of the rolled up whites on the right side of the picture. Still rolled and tied like in the picture. Guy at the estate sale insisted on unrolling it. Was a pair of bell bottom pants.

"They'd rather be alive than free; poor dumb bastards."

i going to do a WW2 Naval personal Liveing history crew with a group i found..Does anyone know how to do the ties and rolls for a layout like that..

Also what in the ditty bag that they are useing also in the photo there ..

I want to know what the picture is on top of the Bluejackets Manual?

On the lookout for Pre-WWI Navy Uniforms

"It's not a mannequin, it's a display form torso!"

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

I want to know what the picture is on top of the Bluejackets Manual?

Basically the same thing you are seeing, a photo of the layout.

It's supposed to be there, so if doing a display you should have one to be correct. There were also a couple different layouts during WWII ; you'll notice that the name on each item was supposed to be displayed.

RC

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

*Sherlock Holmes in "A Scandal in Bohemia"*

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif
donation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

i going to do a WW2 Naval personal Liveing history crew with a group i found..Does anyone know how to do the ties and rolls for a layout like that..

Also what in the ditty bag that they are useing also in the photo there ..

Sigsaye will know...and like was posted, check the Blue Jacket's manual as it will be listed in there. Look for the 10th, 11th or 12th editions.

I do not profess to be a militaria expert, but I conduct as much research as I am capable of and then write about my findings.
Check out my blogs, The Veteran's Collection (general militaria) and Chevrons and Diamonds (military baseball)

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

I might add that the 11th edition omitted some pages from the earlier editions, but it should cover the layout and what goes into the seabag.

RC

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

donation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Is that a chief I see wearing a jumper?

sigsaye will know how to do all the ties, I bet.

Looking for the following:

452nd and 447th Bomb Group items

Anything 12th Armored- especially uniforms

155th Assault Helicopter Company, Camp Coryell, or Ban Me Thuot Vietnam items[/center]

WWII US Navy Uniforms from the Battle Off Samar: USS Johnston DD-557, USS Hoel DD-553, USS Samuel B. Roberts DE-413, USS Heermann DD-532, USS Dennis DE-405, USS John C. Butler DE-339, USS Raymond DE-341, USS Fanshaw Bay St. Lo, White Plains, Kalinin Bay, Kitkun Bay and Gambier Bay...

donation2011.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2019.gif

Is that a chief I see wearing a jumper?

sigsaye will know how to do all the ties, I bet.

No, that is the "recruit" chief petty officer, each division had a 3rd, 2nd, 1st class and a chief. Each one had specific jobs in the company. (ie mail, master-at-arms) but the RCPO was in charge. back then they wore miniture rating badges with the know as a rating. now it is just pin on collar crows.

On the lookout for Pre-WWI Navy Uniforms

"It's not a mannequin, it's a display form torso!"

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

And the ties are square knot I think, the manual covers this too.

RC