CBI Theater made Chinese and India wings

Jack's Son

• 10 months later...

John,

Looks like a terrific addition to your already handsome collection of Pilot wings. I hope the more novice collectors recognize just how rare it is to find a CBI theater-made badge like yours in such beautiful condition. Thanks for sharing...

Russ

• 5 months later...

I thought I would add to one of those great threads that got lost in time....

I just picked up this exceptional CBI made shirt size flight surgeon wing badge a couple of weeks ago.

It also has the BM mark that a few wings in this thread have.

Only one I have ever seen.

John

post-12439-0-88106200-1401564602.jpg

post-12439-0-24568000-1401564615.jpg

Great buy John. I watched that auction as well and was going to bid on it, but ended up saving my $$$ for another purchase. It is a stunning and (IMHO) super-rare wing and I am surprised that it only had the one bidder.

Great buy John. I watched that auction as well and was going to bid on it, but ended up saving my $$$ for another purchase. It is a stunning and (IMHO) super-rare wing and I am surprised that it only had the one bidder.

Thanks guys, I am very happy to have it.

I really could not believe that I was the only bidder.

I sent a PM to the seller, asking him to let the auction run to the end (I hate sellers that cave to offers and pull auctions).

The seller is a stand up guy and said he had received offers, but he would let the auction go to the end.

In the end I was the only bidder and got it for the opening bid of only $95.

That tells me the offers he received were less......unbelievable for such a rare wing.

John

I agree. In fact, I was going to bid (I assumed that someone with crazy $$$ would toss down) but with seconds to spare there was still no bidding. Then you bid, so I didn't bother. Lovely wing and I too am gob-smacked that there wasn't more action on it.

Really cool wing John! I had been watching this as well and asked Russ about it since he had one with the BM hallmark. Any chance of a closeup of the caduceus? Can't believe it had a single bid either but glad a forum member and great guy got it! If I remember right this wing was going right before that Noble Aviator, Beverly Gunner, and another prewar aviator all in the same afternoon so the perfect storm in your favor you lucky dog. Congrats friend.

Since everyone else was bidding on something else that day maybe one of you got the 5th AF listing for Captain Gerald J. Prokopovitz? I'm really interested in seeing the prewar wing and I really regret not getting it! Anyone???