War & Peace Show July 18 - 22, 2011, Beltring, Kent, UK.

How time flies! In just 26 days "War & Peace 2011" kicks off at its usual venue, the Whitbread Hop Farm, Beltring, Kent, UK. For the uninitiated, this is the world's largest gathering of historic military vehicles, supported by acres of trade stands and living history displays etc. Most of us Brits attend annually, as do a number of our continental European pals. So, how about we check in on the forum and arrange to hook-up at some pre-arranged spot / time? Last year we rendezvous'd at the "Soldier of Fortune" tent as it's an easy landmark to locate (just look for the Welsh flags!) Details are as per the link below. See y'all there?!

http://www.thewarandpeaceshow.com/

Ian :thumbsup:

"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender!"

Winston Churchill

" Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans."

John Winston Lennon

donation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

If i don't forget what the time is i will get my rump in gear and come meet you guys....

Regards

Tom

THE OVERLORD COLLECTION

a virtual museum at theoverlordcollection.co.uk

www.m-1helmets.co.uk

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

Hey Ian,

OK, what time on the Saturday?

Hmmmm :think: Let's see what the general responses are. Midday seems like an easy-to-remember time?

Ian

"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender!"

Winston Churchill

John Winston Lennon

donation2010.gif

we will be at the show with our biggest Living History display yet (a recreation of the Dak To launch site) so depending on schedule (weekend is busiest) I will make it over for 12.00 on Saturday.

And any forum member is welcome in our bar for a beer, we are on the treeline at the back of the living history field, all welcome :D

this is the bar in our team room (and we have 2 fridges for beer so always cold)

trucks_troops_15.jpg

Paul Bishop

----------------

http://www.modernforces.com

MACV-SOG Living History Group

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

George Orwell

donation2013.gif

BTW...will any of our American forum buddies be attending? There's usually a Yank or two on site during the week!

Ian ;)

Winston Churchill

John Winston Lennon

donation2010.gif

Unsure if I can make the Saturday, might be the Sunday for me.

Rob Cawte

Interested in buying AIR CORPS items, particularly 8th and 9th AAF id'd medals, uniforms/groupings

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

I'm afraid I can't make it on the weekend, as we'll be there Wednesday and Thursday. Any other members going early in the week? (Tom, will you be with Andy at Class II?)

Paul, would love to come down and shoot the breeze with you again this year. Really enjoyed meeting you last year and looking at your most impressive display!

See you down there guys

Will

WWII USMC & USN - CAMOUFLAGE / CORPSMAN / PARAMARINE / MARINE RAIDER / DENIM / DECK JACKETS.

VIETNAM - CAMOUFLAGE / SF / 'IN-COUNTRY' ITEMS.

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

I'm afraid I can't make it on the weekend, as we'll be there Wednesday and Thursday. Any other members going early in the week? (Tom, will you be with Andy at Class II?)

Paul, would love to come down and shoot the breeze with you again this year. Really enjoyed meeting you last year and looking at your most impressive display!

See you down there guys

Will

Hi

Yes i will be hanging around the Class 2 Tent like a bad smell as usual.... lol

The tent is going to be crammed full of new goodies as alot of new stock has been aquired....

Regards

Tom

THE OVERLORD COLLECTION

www.m-1helmets.co.uk

Great stuff Tom, I will pop in (probably more than once over the course of the 2 days) and shoot the breeze with the gang.

Will

WWII USMC & USN - CAMOUFLAGE / CORPSMAN / PARAMARINE / MARINE RAIDER / DENIM / DECK JACKETS.

VIETNAM - CAMOUFLAGE / SF / 'IN-COUNTRY' ITEMS.

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Last call for next weekend's "War & Peace". Several forum-ers have arranged to rendezvous at 1200hrs outside the Soldier of Fortune tent. Be there, or be square!!

Sabrejet ;)

Winston Churchill

John Winston Lennon

donation2010.gif

Last call for next weekend's "War & Peace". Several forum-ers have arranged to rendezvous at 1200hrs outside the Soldier of Fortune tent. Be there, or be square!!

Sabrejet ;)

depending on rotas on our display I plan on being there at 12.00 :w00t:

Paul Bishop

----------------

http://www.modernforces.com

MACV-SOG Living History Group

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

George Orwell

donation2013.gif

Hi Guys

I have visited the site yesterday and today( a bonus only living 10mins away...), to help put the stall up, and is looking a busy as ever.

But remember to bring your wellies...... it is already a right mess before the heavy amour starts moving around.....

My car looks like i have been mug pluggin in it....

Regards

Tom

THE OVERLORD COLLECTION

www.m-1helmets.co.uk

anyone going to post some pix for us who did not make the show ????

please ............pretty please .......with bells on .

Are you kidding Owen. Stand by....!!

Ian ;)

Winston Churchill

John Winston Lennon

donation2010.gif

Hi Guys

I have visited the site yesterday and today( a bonus only living 10mins away...), to help put the stall up, and is looking a busy as ever.

But remember to bring your wellies...... it is already a right mess before the heavy amour starts moving around.....

My car looks like i have been mug pluggin in it....

Regards

Tom

Thanks for the heads-up Tom. I've been monitoring the forecast on the Beeb's website...looks as though we'll see a drop of rain at the weekend. Very un-Beltring like...usually so hot and dry! Last year I could hardly see the armour on the move because of the dust clouds they were kicking up!

Ian :crying:

PS. Do you think our transAtlantic buddies know what "wellies" are?! :lol:

Winston Churchill

John Winston Lennon

donation2010.gif