Sampling of fake insignia from one dealer

Tonomachi

so.mostyank

More Photos

[THESE ARE SCARY, ESPECIALLY SINCE THEY LOOK LIKE THEY WON'T FLUORESCE UNDER A BLUE LIGHT....

tHANKS,

SO.MOSTYANK

• 1 year later...

I have dealt with this dealer a couple times over the years. He is honest and prices reasonable. He helps those who don't wish to pay hundreds of dollars for a patch and he will always tell you that it is a reproduction. I guess he is hurting the dealers with the $300 patches

Garth Thompson
I have dealt with this dealer a couple times over the years. He is honest and prices reasonable. He helps those who don't wish to pay hundreds of dollars for a patch and he will always tell you that it is a reproduction. I guess he is hurting the dealers with the $300 patches

Honest dealer or not I'm sure he understands these reproductions will probably wind up in someones collection as originals. If he were completely honest he would stamp a big REPRODUCTION on the back in an ink that can not be removed so the patch couldn't be sold down line as an original.

Garth

Honest dealer or not I'm sure he understands these reproductions will probably wind up in someones collection as originals. If he were completely honest he would stamp a big REPRODUCTION on the back in an ink that can not be removed so the patch couldn't be sold down line as an original.

Garthuade

Absolutely agree with you, Garth. ALL purveyors of excellent Repros should mark their products to discourage future fraud! Semper Fi......Bob

Thks All so much for yr experiences

I've been experienced for a long time to see what they were hand embroidering in District 4, HCMC.

• 4 months later...

More Photos

Scary to see the original Amphibious, winged wheel with a landing craft, patch is being re-made.I have an original of this rare patch.For year's I never even know what it was.I just saw one on eBay about 6 months back and didn't even think it could be a repro.As there really isn't a lot of information on this particular patch, I think there is an old Trading Post with some info.I guess they'll make reproduction's of almost anything, even your grandma. Sad. :-(

Most of these are easy to tell are junk, misspelling of 'trans' in 51st TRANS DET and just out right poor workmanship.But most are hard to tell.I'm not a 'crow' collector but that Chief Pharm Mate looked good to me.I totally agree with stamping patches know to be reproductions.A lot of the Vietnam patches being made now are just 'fantasy' pieces so it's hard to compare to an original because there is none.