For the record here are some FAKE Chinese Amcraft wings.

John Cooper

John Cooper

Topic title says it all....

post-227-1308719908.jpg

post-227-1308719923.jpg

BTW I have close the other thread as it has zero benefit to collectors. (it will be removed in the near future)

Collector Greg
Topic title says it all....

post-227-1308719908.jpg

post-227-1308719923.jpg

BTW I have close the other thread as it has zero benefit to collectors. (it will be removed in the near future)

Which thread are you closing?

Thanks for posting John. I've generally stayed away from these because of the confusion. I did get a bracelet once with the snowflake back partially peeled or peeling off. It appeared to be some kind of applied thick foil or paint as it was coming off in strips rather than chips. I've tended to believe that the bracelets are the most likely wings to be the real thing...who would wreck a well made fake?

Looks like a strike straight off of an old AMCRAFT pair! The only thing that's visually different is the clasp...everything else looks legit. Even with that, the clasp matches many other WW2 wings I've seen. Other than the weird patina, I would have bought these in a heartbeat if someone was selling them for a decent price at their table.

Starting to feel like the TR world......... :thumbdown:

John Cooper

Dave - the patina was the first clue that jumps out. I suspected a fake so I asked the seller if he could get more... its a long story but in the end he was willing to give me a deal if I wanted 100 or more...

@ Collector Greg - PM sent

Cheers

All