What WW2 uniform do you collect?

History Man

Whats your favorite type of WW2 uniform?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. what service do you collect?

• Navy
    • Army
    • Marine Corps
    • Army Air Corps

History Man

if you ever decide you cant hold on to the Admiral uniforms i am your guy. i am going to scour ebay and a few other of my secret military stores to find one. i did find a WW2 khaki 13th Armored tech cpl. shirt i am going to put up for trade/sale.

Philip

You have Admiral Stark's uniform? Oh Man!

Had..."Had" is the correct term. I sold it and it's been sold several times since. Not sure who ended up with it, but it's out there somewhere!

if you ever decide you cant hold on to the Admiral uniforms i am your guy. i am going to scour ebay and a few other of my secret military stores to find one. i did find a WW2 khaki 13th Armored tech cpl. shirt i am going to put up for trade/sale.

Philip

Philip:

Not coming off as pompous or anything, but you'll have to start saving now...they sold for well into the four-digit range (each)...

Dave

History Man

thats okay Dave. i understand that. i can probably skid by getting some un named admiral uniforms at $200 or so. i know it gets pricey up in the ranks as a normal Captain uniform goes for $100 or more.

i found this tunic at the swapmeet when i first joined the forum. i didnt know what it was and neither did the man selling it. i bought it for $15 and when i got it home and researched it, i found out it was a WW2 USN Pilot tunic.

the great part about it is that it is named and dated to an Ensign Stone and dated 11/44. :w00t:

the picture doesnt do it justice. it was the last one i could get before the camera died. if you guys want more pics of it, i am going to the store now so i can get more batteries for it.

Philip

post-25965-1309061714.jpg

CNY Militaria

You'll find a lot of Flag/GO uniforms sell WAY above $200, so like Dave said, start setting aside a LOT of money now.

History Man

i meant Rear Admiral uniforms or maybe a 1 star for a little more. nothing really special but something that will look good in the collection. i remember Dave had one for sale at around $235 or so and that was named and had ribbons.

again, i find a lot of USN officer uniforms at the swapmeet so i might get lucky also.

Philip

History Man

yes, i have had my eye on that one. i wonder if he would consider a trade or something :think: i will ask him. i like the uniform but i am really looking for a WW2 Admiral uniform :rolleyes:

Philip

My vote will be a "wash" on your bar charts, I'm afraid. I collect uniforms from all services, a couple Vetrans orgs, ROTC, and some nice British items. About the only thing I don't have is a Coast Guard uniform. ;)

Philip:

Not coming off as pompous or anything, but you'll have to start saving now...they sold for well into the four-digit range (each)...

Dave

Dave,

You know which Adm uniform I would love to have...if you choose to part with it...keep me in mind.

Btw...that CPO blue combo cap turned out nice once I got the blue cover. It is a gorgeous cap! Now, just looking for a shirt/tie. I still need to order my uncle's NARA file so I can get the ribbons correct. I also put together a nice khaki W-1 Radio Electrician (although he was on the register by 1 Jul 45 as a CRE. Finding a pair of epaulettes was tough - still looking for some CWO-2 or higher!

i remember Dave had one for sale at around $235 or so and that was named and had ribbons.

It wasn't named, unfortunately, and thus the low-end price. Named it would have brought easily double what I was asking (and eventually got for it). It was a beaut of a piece though...thus my break from my normal "named only" pieces. ;)

My latest (and currently favorite) AAF uniform, recently pulled off EBay. Nothing fancy in the insignia, but named to a guy from Wichita, KS who was a B-29 pilot. Grouping came with TONS of photos and paper. Pilot was in the 15th Bomb Squadron of the 16th Bomb Group flying off of Guam.

post-1095-1309101746.jpg

post-1095-1309101752.jpg

History Man

yes, i agree that USAAF pilot uniform is a beauty. i forgot the the Admiral wasnt named :pinch: but it was still a very nice uniform :rolleyes: ill start saving up the pennies :lol:

i just saw that tank commanders ike uniform. thats a very nice uniform, i have only come across one and i dont know to much about them (uniform wasnt a commanders.)

Philip

My latest (and currently favorite) AAF uniform, recently pulled off EBay. Nothing fancy in the insignia, but named to a guy from Wichita, KS who was a B-29 pilot. Grouping came with TONS of photos and paper. Pilot was in the 15th Bomb Squadron of the 16th Bomb Group flying off of Guam.

Nice pilot tunic wildcat, I see you ended up hanging on to that huge Flighter :thumbsup:

History Man

it is a great uniform. ;) yes, i am happy he is hanging on to it too. it would have broken the group up :unsure:

Philip

Nice pilot tunic wildcat, I see you ended up hanging on to that huge Flighter :thumbsup:

Yeah, it works as a display item though it didn't belong to this pilot.