Doolittle Raider - Ed Saylor

67Rally

Rather than post about the passing of a heralded veteran of WWII, I thought I'd post a piece from today's local paper where Sgt. Ed Saylor paid a visit to a B-25 that was visiting for an airshow.

Enjoy!

Puyallup vet, 91, recalls joining in Doolittle Raid

Ed Saylor has 28 year of stories to share from his career with the Air Force. None, though, compares with his first combat mission. As a 22-year-old flight engineer in 1942, Saylor was one of the 80 men aboard 16 bombers that took part in the Doolittle Raid on five Japanese cities, one of the most famous bombing missions in World War II.

Ed Saylor has 28 year of stories to share from his career with the Air Force. None, though, compares with his first combat mission.

As a 22-year-old flight engineer in 1942, Saylor was one of the 80 men aboard 16 bombers that took part in the Doolittle Raid on five Japanese cities, one of the most famous bombing missions in World War II.

Now 91, the Puyallup resident spent time Wednesday sharing some of his stories and checking out a B-25 Mitchell bomber similar to the one he flew in during the raid. (Read more)

Lightning Ace

I was there Wednesday at the Olympic Flight Museum to get a ride in the B-25 and fortunately I had the honor of being able to meet Ed Saylor and thank him for his service and I also took a couple pictures of him and had him sign my "Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo" book which I brought because I heard he might be there.

Rather than post about the passing of a heralded veteran of WWII, I thought I'd post a piece from today's local paper where Sgt. Ed Saylor paid a visit to a B-25 that was visiting for an airshow.

Enjoy!

Puyallup vet, 91, recalls joining in Doolittle Raid

Ed Saylor has 28 year of stories to share from his career with the Air Force. None, though, compares with his first combat mission. As a 22-year-old flight engineer in 1942, Saylor was one of the 80 men aboard 16 bombers that took part in the Doolittle Raid on five Japanese cities, one of the most famous bombing missions in World War II.

Ed Saylor has 28 year of stories to share from his career with the Air Force. None, though, compares with his first combat mission.

As a 22-year-old flight engineer in 1942, Saylor was one of the 80 men aboard 16 bombers that took part in the Doolittle Raid on five Japanese cities, one of the most famous bombing missions in World War II.

Now 91, the Puyallup resident spent time Wednesday sharing some of his stories and checking out a B-25 Mitchell bomber similar to the one he flew in during the raid. (Read more)

I was there Wednesday at the Olympic Flight Museum to get a ride in the B-25 and fortunately I had the honor of being able to meet Ed Saylor and thank him for his service and I also took a couple pictures of him and had him sign my "Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo" book which I brought because I heard he might be there.

JEALOUS!!!! :ermm: