theater made oval, is this korea or v.n. 187th

is this the 187th r.c.t.? and and is it from the korean war or vietnam? I think the colours changed for the 187th but don't know when and I don't know where this was made.post-195-1192916434.jpg

Although I'm no expert on the subject I believe this is a Vietnam War era and South Vietnamese manufactured 501st Infantry (Airmobile Infantry), 101st Airborne Division, oval. The 187 Regimental Combat Team oval is not made this way and has an orange center with a dark blue border. There is also the 187th Infantry Regiment oval which has a red center, white inner border and dark blue outer border.

Although I'm no expert on the subject I believe this is a Vietnam War era and South Vietnamese manufactured 501st Infantry (Airmobile Infantry), 101st Airborne Division, oval. The 187 Regimental Combat Team oval is not made this way and has an orange center with a dark blue border. There is also the 187th Infantry Regiment oval which has a red center, white inner border and dark blue outer border.

Bonjour,

I'm far from my books and documents but I can say that the 187th AIR has an orange center with a dark blue border and the 187 RCT received circa 1953 a new oval, according to his 1954 yearbook with a red center, white inner border and dark blue outer border. During the Korea war, members from the HHC, 1st, 2nd and 3rd Infantry Bn of the 187 RCT kept the 187 AIR oval. Men from the other units of the 187th RCT (674 Field Airborne Artillery Bn, MPdet, AAAdet etcworn oval of their parent formations).

Hope I could help you

Cheers

Valery