Navy work shirt

QED4

I'm usually not into show and tell but could not resist on this one. This is an issue Navy work shirt decked out with CIB, Army Air Crew Wing, Navy Airwarfare Badge, Jump Wing, and Airassault Badge. Also has a nice embroidered rate not the usual printed one. Now the big question is how did he get away with this? The answer is he didn't, the original owner had the badges made up in Italy but did nor wear it on duty. He was awarded all of those badges though, he started his military career in the Army with the 101st A/B Div receiving all the Amy badges then switched to the Navy. He said he did wear it on duty one time when he was sent TDY with the Army for a couple of days. For some reason he remove the name tag but put it in the pocket, I haven't had a chance to sew it back on yet.

post-55-1308193469.jpg

post-55-1308193504.jpg

craig_pickrall

I bet there aren't to many of those around. Not today any way but wait till next week.

Nice shirt.

That's wild! Yes, he probably would have really run afoul of a regulation-savvy senior enlisted had he actually worn that shirt!

Dave

Wow...this squid had some serious chest-candy. Wonder what the 2nd class petty officer's ribbon rack looked like.

Actually, by the time the "US Navy" tapes were adopted, the embroidered rating badges/crows were the standard, and the stenicl/iron ons were dropped from use.

Steve Hesson

He would definitely have had a problem wearing that! The US Navy tape belongs right above the pocket and only "one" specialty rating was allowed above that!

He would definitely have had a problem wearing that! The US Navy tape belongs right above the pocket and only "one" specialty rating was allowed above that!

You know...that's funny how much one forgets. When I saw your post I had to go yank out one of my dungaree shirts to see where the name/US Navy tapes were oriented. You're so right. I am betting that this one was some embroidery example at a tailor shop rather than an actual sailor's shirt.

From the first post, "..... the original owner had the badges made up in Italy but did nor wear it on duty. He was awarded all of those badges though, he started his military career in the Army with the 101st A/B Div receiving all the Amy badges then switched to the Navy. He said he did wear it on duty one time when he was sent TDY with the Army for a couple of days." Could be, I guess.

where i had been station both with Army & Naval personal on a base where all branchs of the service was at in southern Italy ..it was sight and pleasure to see some of the older guys who gotten out of the army and had join the navy and when they where in dress uniform there uniforms look like something from a opera where the socalled hero was dress up but these guys had did it in real life..

one guy there had the DSC and it was funny to stand next to him in uniform inspection time there in Italy and have the officers stop and look at his chest full of medals and then watch them just pass by the next three or four guys who had all most the same medal line up on there uniforms and then stop at another guy who had nothing on his uniform to say something to him about his uniform ..