1 Piece Camo Jungle Suit

king802

My latest addition is a good condition US Army 1 piece camo Jungle suit. This suit was supposedly worn on Bouganville. They were only round for a while due to being impractical. This one still has the internal suspenders attached and is big enough to fit me (not that i'd wear it)

Rich

post-1878-1307993813.jpg

My latest addition is a good condition US Army 1 piece camo Jungle suit. This suit was supposedly worn on Bouganville. They were only round for a while due to being impractical. This one still has the internal suspenders attached and is big enough to fit me (not that i'd wear it)

Rich

post-1878-1307993813.jpg

When you say THIS SUIT do mean the accual one you posted in photo;s? or the this type of item ?

No this Actual suit - although i only have the sellers word for it. Either way i'm happy just with the suit ;) If indeed it was worn in Bouganville all the better.

Rich

Corpsmancollector

Great one piece camo suit, Rich. As nice as I expected! These are difficult to find in a large size and with the integral suspenders still attached. I just need to fine me one now!

Great addition to your collection mate :thumbsup:

Will

Thanks guys i'm very happy with it. I'm quite getting into the PTO side of things. I think a jungle pack could be next on my hit list.

Beltring coming up -who know's what's on those stalls. We should all have a get together.

Rich

37th division wore HBT camo on the Island of New Georgia and early on Bougainville so they were worn there. Not much afterwards.

Mark

greetings Buckeye. True you are with the 37th div, but do you know to what extent the 1 piece as well as the 2 piece camoflage uniforms wear worn, the 2 piece was worn along side the first 1 piece type at one point, was it only the 37th div that wore itl or did the other division's to include the americal,43rd inf div elements of the 25th inf div,the colored 93rd inf div who had some elements in action and any of the host of of support troops from XIV corps. These above metioned units all where in the soloman island,s. Also do you know if these camo items where worn in new guinea ? thanks for any info.

• 1 month later...

After these suits were withdrawn from service most were put in storage in a warehouse in Hollandia, New Guinea. In late 1945 or early 1946 they were then sold to the Dutch army, who issued them in great numbers to troops serving in the Police Actions in the Dutch East-Indies (1945-1950). Most of them were used up there, and hence they are quite rare now. When the original stock was depleted locally made jungle suits of similar design were ordered from local tailors; these were all issued to Special Forces units.

I was lucky enough to find an example at Beltring 2011, size about 44L or 46R (fits me) and quite worn with some fraying and tears that will require some repairs. It was very cheap though and still has the braces. I will be wearing it during static displays.

I have posted pics on the forum before that show this suit in use in the Dutch East-Indies.

Greetz ;)

David

They were also used in Australia on the odd occassion as 'enemy' uniform. The image below is my father out field during the 70's with his one piece suit on (I still have it). My father is the short guy on the right of the picture.

7-6-2009_003.jpg

I THINK he picked it up in Vietnam but if he did then a fair few of them must have come back as well. The other option is that these suits were 'aquired' in Australia from either a warehouse somewhere or maybe even a Disposal Store.

Thanks for the great pics all! It seems there are variations in the base color, with some more greenish and others more khaki. Here is the topic, started by by Harvs73, where I have posted several pics of these suits in use in the Dutch East-Indies:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...showtopic=74065

Greetz ;)

David

Thanks for the great pics all! It seems there are variations in the base color, with some more greenish and others more khaki.

Greetz ;)

David

I've seen more dye shade variants in One-Piece Jungle Suits than in any other camo HBT garments. The examples below are all like new; the one second from right is identical to Rich's and Craig's in color...

post-3226-1312028807.jpeg