M41 jacket

TSC

Hello,

1st post on this Forum and it has to do with an M41 field jacket.

I was looking at one of these recently and was not sure about it (don't have any pics, sorry).

Couple of questions on the inside of the jacket pocket, should there be a tag there?

I have seen a few others posted with a tag there including the one on the back (inside of the jacket, of course).

Also the zipper company was Talon (known period maker for the zipper?).

Last question, is the price for one of these in the 250-300 range, condition is good?

Thanks,

Tony

craig_pickrall

Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy your time here.

Look here for info on the M38 / M41 Jackets:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...?showtopic=1770

You can also use the search option on the top tool bar to find more info. There have been many discussions of this jacket.

Last question, is the price for one of these in the 250-300 range, condition is good?

Thanks,

Tony

If you check ebay completed auctions you'll find very, very few that went over $200 and for $300 I think it would have to be a LARGE in excellent condition. You see a lot selling for under $100.

The M41s were a little difficult to find.I know ebay has opened up the availability of a lot of items.I bought one off ebay about a year ago.I paid around $60 for it including shiping.It was nice condition,size 38 and named to a Lt.You could see wher eHe had been promoted to Captain.The rank insignias were gone as well as the shoulder patch.A nice example for the money.

Greg Robinson

I used to own an M1941 field jacket that just had the size tag sewn into the collar seam and no spec tag in the pocket. I believe that's the way some of them were made

I used to own an M1941 field jacket that just had the size tag sewn into the collar seam and no spec tag in the pocket. I believe that's the way some of them were made

That would be a QM made one,not a contractor one.I to have a QM made one.