post YOUR uniforms! (retired and currently serving)

jdamaso111

I guess this thread is for US serving members only?

No, he included retirees as well. The rest of us are unimportant. :lol:

i worded this poorly!

anyoneeeee post your own uniforms

OK....you asked for it. I've posted most of these elsewhere on the forum at some point but here are some pix of my in "uniform" over the years.

My official Marine Corps boot camp photo, 1966

post-1107-1308054055.jpg

Nam early 1967

post-1107-1308054125.jpg

Nam very early 1967

post-1107-1308054105.jpg

Part 2

Me bleeing, 1967

post-1107-1308055985.jpg

Me with my pig, 1967

post-1107-1308055876.jpg

Me in jungle cammies (Vietnamese shirt, US issue trousers) fall 1967

post-1107-1308055883.jpg

Me with Kitzke, fall 1967

post-1107-1308055891.jpg

Me with dog handler late 67 (or possible early 68)

post-1107-1308055897.jpg

Part 3

Quang Nam province, mid 1967

post-1107-1308056400.jpg

In a different sort of uniform, as a police officer between military careers, about 1973

post-1107-1308056409.jpg

Change gears again; as an AF officer, Keesler AFB about 1981-82

post-1107-1308056415.jpg

King Fahd airbase about Sep 1980

post-1107-1308056427.jpg

In Kuwait, Feb 1991

post-1107-1308056442.jpg

Part 4

Approach to Kuwait City, Feb 1991

post-1107-1308056809.jpg

At the Kuwaiti Ministry of Defense compound, about 27-28 Feb 1991

post-1107-1308056816.jpg

Something different...wife and I. We were married on the weekend of Woodstock so we celebrated

our 25th anniversary with a 60s party with my squadron mates at Shaw AFB, Aug 1994.

I'm wearing one of my old jungle jackets.

Much of the background of this one has been cropped and painted out to "protect the guilty." :lol:

post-1107-1308056822.jpg

With Col Ralph Parr at a speaking engagement, Jun 2001

post-1107-1308056837.jpg

One last one....

This one was taken at the Joint Personnel Accounting Command during a meeting in 2005 attended by some members of my office and JPAC personnel

post-1107-1308057496.jpg

Why would you say that?

I'm sure there was no intent to disparage forum members who haven't served in the uniformed services. It's simply a matter of subject matter.

If someone created a post calling for members to post their 1899-dated Coast Guard uniforms. Some people have them and would post. Others don't have any and couldn't participate.

In that example, I don't have any and wouldn't be able to participate in the particular thread but I wouldn't get my feelings hurt about it.

Change gears again; as an AF officer, Keesler AFB about 1981-82

post-1107-1308056415.jpg

I lived in Gulfport, MS back then and went to see the Thunderbirds around that same time. I was probably at Keesler that day as well.

Why would you say that?

I'm sure there was no intent to disparage forum members who haven't served in the uniformed services. It's simply a matter of subject matter.

If someone created a post calling for members to post their 1899-dated Coast Guard uniforms. Some people have them and would post. Others don't have any and couldn't participate.

In that example, I don't have any and wouldn't be able to participate in the particular thread but I wouldn't get my feelings hurt about it.

I think what 67rally meant was that the thread called for the uniforms of people active and retired. It didn't call for those who had served at one time but were no longer on active duty nor retired (like me in 16 days!) :thumbsup: Technically, I could post my uniforms for only two more weeks, but would be uneligible to post them after 30 June since that's not what he asked for.

THAT was the comment he was making... :rolleyes:

I think what 67rally meant was that the thread called for the uniforms of people active and retired. It didn't call for those who had served at one time but were no longer on active duty nor retired (like me in 16 days!) :thumbsup: Technically, I could post my uniforms for only two more weeks, but would be uneligible to post them after 30 June since that's not what he asked for.

Bingo!

I figured that the OP's intent was to be all inclusive of past and present active duty members...but was having fun with the phrasing of the post. He caught my drift.

I think I got that. Since I am retired, I think my pictures of the uniforms I wore qualify. I just happened to be wearing them when the pictures were taken. Well, maybe the police one is stretching it a bit and the 60s party one was supposed to be a little comic relief. Moderators can feel free remove those (or all ofthe) picture if they don't think they fit the subject. :think:

The point I was making in my post above was that participation in some threads is self-limiting by virtue of the particular subject matter and forum members to which the particular subject does not apply should not feel slighted in any way by that.

I dunno, I guess at the time I took it as a serious comment from a forum member feeling slighted. In looking back I see the laughing emoticon that I missed earlier so I now assume the comment I referred to was made in jest. I just didn't want anyone to feel they were being deliberately slighted because they did not serve in the military.

Here is the one I used during my time in Iraq and Bahrain. I was an E6 then.

I was also in the US Marine Corps, but I will have to find those photos for a later time.

post-4249-1308705309.jpg

Part 2

Me bleeing, 1967

post-1107-1308055985.jpg

Me with my pig, 1967

post-1107-1308055876.jpg

Me in jungle cammies (Vietnamese shirt, US issue trousers) fall 1967

post-1107-1308055883.jpg

Me with Kitzke, fall 1967

post-1107-1308055891.jpg

Me with dog handler late 67 (or possible early 68)

post-1107-1308055897.jpg

I like the one with the M-60, its was very clever and creative how you fashioned your boonie cover to resemble a campaigne hat. Very eye catching. Where and when where you in boot camp ? my cousin went in and was at boot camp in 66.

Corpsmancollector

Great photos everyone, and thank you for your service :salute:

Bill, I always really enjoy seeing the various photos you post from your time in the service(s). Your boot camp photo is great!

Semper Fi

Will

Thanks for all that have posted. I never served (the whole need to see out of both eyes rule) and love this post. Thanks Again for posting.

Bob

I like the one with the M-60, its was very clever and creative how you fashioned your boonie cover to resemble a campaigne hat. Very eye catching. Where and when where you in boot camp ? my cousin went in and was at boot camp in 66.

I really didn't have to do much to shape that particular cover; it was made in that shape. All I had to do was constantly push in the four dents on the top. It was very soft material and it didn't hold the indentations all that well. Another of my Recon Marine buddies actually wore an old campaign hat as his bush cover. His campaign cover actually gave me the inspiration to have mine made by the local "indiginous person" shop on our combat base.

I've posted a close-up picture of him in that cover elsewhere on the forum but here's one taken before one of my first couple patrols (when I was still carrying the M-79 and was wearing my first bush cover). You can see "Gertie" on the right with his campaign cover/EGA.

I went to boot camp at MCRD San Diego in 1966.

post-1107-1308825826.jpg