Kevlar with Marine Corps Insignia

thorin6

I picked up this Kevlar helmet and flack vest today at a local flea market, $20 for the pair. Didn't really look at the helmet (other than to determine condition); spent more time on the flack vest (which is a size medium). Once I got home and looked a little closer I noticed the Marine Corps insignia on the front of the helmet cover. The helmet is an early one, the type used in the late 80s through the 90s and in Desert Shield/Storm. Looks like my Army one that I wore during that time. Is the Marine Corps insignia correct for a helmet issued to the Marine Corps? In the Army we put our rank insignia there.

KHelmetVest.jpg

KHelmetMC.jpg

can't speak for that era, but I know for awhile a few years back our digital covers were issued with the stamps on them. The iron-ons for the old throw-backs are still available at the PX for some reason, despite the fact we don't use them anymore as our emblems are now embroidered on the pockets

jeremiahcable

Yep, that EGA is correct for the cloth cover. I've got my Kevlar from when I was with BLT 3/6 in the early 90s and it has the same same EGA there.

Yep, that EGA is correct for the cloth cover. I've got my Kevlar from when I was with BLT 3/6 in the early 90s and it has the same same EGA there.

Thanks for confirming that; I have a friend who served in the Marine Corps and I might see if he's interested in the helmet now that I've confirmed the EGA is correct.

Cpl Punishment

When I was in in 1989-1995, covers were a hodgepodge of EGA emblems or no emblem. Mine didn't have one and I don't remember it being required.

ArchangelDM

Yes the ega is correct i own a kevlar helmet from the desert storm period and mine has the ega on the camo as well :), nice lid by the way