Sherman Tank Heater

davekj

Does anyone have a pic of a heater from a Sherman Tank ?? I have a guy who says he has one for sale . Have not seen it yet . I am going over next monday to look at it . I looked on the internet and was unable to fine a picture of one . It isn't exactlly the first thing you think of to look for . He said he use to heat his shop with it .

I Thank You !!

Dave

Hi again All !!

Well how about interior pics of a sherman ?? I don't want to buy the thing if it isn't what he says . or not military . If it is cheap enough I may still buy it .

Dave

Dave,

I just went through the "Bible" by Hunnicutt and couldn't find a reference to heaters. There are a few nice interior shots, but I have no idea of what a heater would look like or where it's located.

I'll try a few obscure websites and see if I can find anything.

Jim

Dave,

I've checked my references and was unable to find anything on a heater. Someone out there with a period manual may have better luck.

Jim

Dave,

From everything that I have read Shermans had no heater.

I guess you could call this the only heater they had.

Charlie

:lol:

I'm also thinking they didn't have one. Maybe the guy is mistaken about it being a Sherman..??

Thank All !!

I thought that maybe I was missing something for I couldn't find anything either and when i talked to a tanker friend he said that when he was in shermans there was no heater , but they do modify things now and then . I'll see what it is and maybe he was mistaken . They had a gasoline heater in the ambulances from what I understand . I am no authority on vehicles by far . I want one but the wife said no to a tank already .

Dave

Dave,

I checked my letters from a Veteran friend earlier today.

He was assigned a Sherman temporarily because his M-10 was shot from under him in France.

He clearly states that that Sherman had no heater, it was hot as hell in the summer and it froze your b... off in the winter (his words!).

Erwin