USMC M1897 Visor Cap sold on Manions

Check this out. This beauty was sold by Manions last month (9-19-07) and is listed on their site as having sold for $165.00!! Somebody got one hell of a deal! I know Manions hasn't had the best reputation in the past, but $165.00? Somebody stole this and I wish it was me! I'll definately have to keep a better eye on their site.

post-156-1192750901.jpg

post-156-1192750922.jpg

If you intend to buy through Manions be VERY CAREFUL.

Um, this is the US Militaria Collectors' Forum, not the German. Buying US items off of Manion's Auction is not the minefield that German is- but I would say that based on what is read on the WAF, NOBODY'S site is 100% reliable in that area of collecting.

I've bought lots of really fantastic items off of Manions and have to agree with the first post in the thread, I have gotten some SMOKING deals off of their auction.

Some things go way to high, but much of the uS is bargain priced.

Allan

Never under-estimate the power of prayer.

donation2007.gif

Dan,

It is a great cap, and even sports the fellas name who served in China. The backing plate for the EGA is a nice Chinese coin as well.

Mike

Mike Manifor
Buying and selling Military Antiques. Specializing in hat and collar insignia (EGAs) of the USMC.
Top dollar paid.
info@eagleglobeandanchor.com
My website:www.eagleglobeandanchor.com

Visit my EGA reference section: http://www.eagleglobeandanchor.com/EGA_Reference_Section.html

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

If you intend to buy through Manions be VERY CAREFUL.

Hi Steve,

If you ever have concerns about an item on Manion's, give us a call and we'll take another look at it. We're happy to take specific pictures at your request, and can address your concerns one-on-one - we want you to be 100% satisfied!

There are some great deals to be had here - if you haven't visited in a while, check it out!

www.manions.com

Andrew Turner

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gif
Hi Steve,

If you ever have concerns about an item on Manion's, give us a call and we'll take another look at it. We're happy to take specific pictures at your request, and can address your concerns one-on-one - we want you to be 100% satisfied!

There are some great deals to be had here - if you haven't visited in a while, check it out!

www.manions.com

Andrew Turner

Hi Andrew,

I direct your attention to another forums thread:

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/sho...4823&page=7

The problem that I had with Manions years ago is that it took over a year to get my mula from ya'll from a consignment. While I appreciate that you are trying to take Manions in a better direction, it seems that the same problems are occurring with consignors not recieving payment in a timely manner if at all. I believe that it is a matter of bad taste to take a persons consignment. Sell it. Pay your debts to others while not paying off the consignor. Then to come here and try to plug Manion's. thumbdown.gif

I don't mean this to be a slam, but the truth sometimes is a hard pill to swallow.

Cheers!

Marc Shaffer

***WANTED: MINT UNISSUED USMC DEPOT WEB GEAR AND A SIZE 38 P42 CAMO JACKET***

All.

Like many on this board, I had problems with Ron Manion in the past. Well, after a long layoff, I decided to give them another try. As a result, I have picked up a lot of nice, 100% legit early Naval items (tunics, bell crowns) and the like, which even with the comission (which is something I still have a little gas over - the high comission and the fact that both the buyer and seller are charged) have been great deals. Everything that I've recieved has been exactly as described, packed well, and shipped fast. In fact, I just picked up a WW1 blue Chief's frock and trowsers there that were ID'ed, checked the name, and the guy was an enlisted pilot!

The motto is this: It isn't the same company, Ron is gone, and they are listing some great stuff (I wish I had the cash to bid on the Navy Cross KIA group listed there now!) I can just speak for myself here, but I haven't had any problems with Manion's part duex!

John

Hi Andrew,

I direct your attention to another forums thread:

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/sho...4823&page=7

The problem that I had with Manions years ago is that it took over a year to get my mula from ya'll from a consignment. While I appreciate that you are trying to take Manions in a better direction, it seems that the same problems are occurring with consignors not recieving payment in a timely manner if at all. I believe that it is a matter of bad taste to take a persons consignment. Sell it. Pay your debts to others while not paying off the consignor. Then to come here and try to plug Manion's. thumbdown.gif

I don't mean this to be a slam, but the truth sometimes is a hard pill to swallow.

Cheers!

Marc Shaffer

Hey Marc,

I am aware of the other thread.

It's true, Manion's does still owe a handful of consignors money for consignment. We are diligently perusing the old debts, and they will be paid. It is not happening in as timely a manner as the new management had estimated, but we have made significant progress. We will not rest until we have everyone paid up and have reestablished the company as the leading organization to utilize when buying and selling military collectibles.

I feel I have a right to respond to some of the comments made about Manion's, and inform members about items in which they may be interested, since we are a source for US Militaria and this is a US Militaria forum. If not, I am sure the moderators will let me know.

Consignor payment has improved dramatically at Manion's; we continue to receive quantities of quality consignment; and we continue to sell massive amounts of militaria to locations throughout the world. In addition to being an employee, I am a bidder and consignor - and a US collector. I worked here during the former ownership, and have returned under the new. It is a totally different operation and definitely heading in the right direction.

Like I've said before - there is no place like this place. If any of you are ever in the neighborhood, I encourage you to stop by for a visit. It may provide a bit more insight into our operation. Let me know ahead of time and I will get it set up.

Andrew Turner

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gif
  • 2 weeks later...

Dan,

Yes I was the one that snagged the hat. As far as Manion's payoff on consignment items goes....I had to call and plead to get paid. Everytime I called, they acted like it was the first time I called, promises and dates came and went. I did finally get paid, but I will never use them again for consignments no matter who says "the operation" is getting better. I know how soon they get payments on items because I buy there, it makes no sense to delay 6-12 months before paying off the consigner. It makes me wonder if they fatten the bank account, milk the payoff cycles as long as possible, and gain profit off of the interest. Anyways, they do have sleepers for US stuff, I recommend buying, but not selling through Manion's.

Maj Manifor

Mike Manifor
Buying and selling Military Antiques. Specializing in hat and collar insignia (EGAs) of the USMC.
Top dollar paid.
info@eagleglobeandanchor.com
My website:www.eagleglobeandanchor.com

Visit my EGA reference section: http://www.eagleglobeandanchor.com/EGA_Reference_Section.html

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

• 6 years later...