USAF KhakiCoveralls

Lance0906

All of you AP/SP/SFers out there I am working on volume 2 of Into the Blue, USAF Uniforms 1947 - Present. I will be hitting the AP - SF career field heavily but will also have Mess Dress, Formal, Fatigues, well everything left out of volume 1. sorry no flight suites or aviation gear. I found a photo a three SF wearing what looks like local (in country) made khaki coveralls. They have the SP pocket patch badge and Desert subdued chevrons. Also in very large letters is SECURITY FORCES embroidered on the back. Supposedly they were worn in Ryad as "Gate Keepers" with this special uniform. Anybody got any ideas? Any one wear these and knows what they are? Any Photos?

I'd really appreciate the help. Anyone who gives me the straight scoop and a photo get his/her name in the book i.e., "According to ...."

Let me know guys and gals, Defensor Fortis!

Thanks

Lance

bluemesa159

When I was in Riyadh in 1995, most of our gate personnel were Saudi Army. The USAF cops were all wearing the DCUs. Never saw anything resembling what you describe in that timeframe.

Hi Lance,

Like Bluemesa, I was in Saudi Arabia in 1995 and I never seen such uniforms in Ryad Airport Gate, Eskan village or in Kobar Tower (Dahran). In Eskan the only coveralls delivered by S1 In Kind Issue clothing were MEAFFS flight suits (instead of CWU 27/P) but these suits were AF Grey. At Law Enforcement Desk in Eskan all USAF people received DCU. The only people wearing Khaki coveralls were french AF officers from Alice Detachment and some USN pilots aboard USS Lincoln.

Best

Croc

DutchInfid3l

Lance,

Here's the photo to help you with your investigation... always nice to have a visual aid. And to show you're not crazy... :D

This photo was labeled Riyadh, Saudi Arabia 1997, "Gate Section"

khaki.jpg

These two photos below are from forum member, mvmhm his post on the topic is here.

SFcoveralls.jpg

SFcoverallsback.jpg

Lance,

I plan on sending you photos of this with close ups of the insignia for Vol. II (along with some other stuff)...

Mark sends