Does anyone know the positive ID on these signal patches?

vintageproductions

vintageproductions

Okay, these were on Ebay the other day in a patch group. I had never seen them, and always love bidding on patches I have never seen. They appear WWII construction, machine embroidered on twill, with a fine cheesecloth backing. Not sure what the interlocked TM means at the top. I figure the first is S C G Signal School.Maybe the Sc is Signal Corps or as suggested by another member Santa Clara. But not even a hint on the C E S L.

Does anyone recognize these?

Thanks in advance.

scg.jpg

cesl.jpg

I'm stumped. South Carolina Guard Signal School?

-Ski

Bob,

As I believe I passed along earlier, despite the fact that I cannot provide positve ID's on these interesting patches, I can tell you that they are not the South Carolina Signal School.

I do believe that the ones with "S.S." are signal schools and the ones with "S.L." are signal labs. Other than that it will just be a matter of time until someone matches the initials with the correct signal locations.

Patch Johnson

Camp Evans Signal Lab...(which, I think, was affiliated with MIT)?

Also Signal Corps Ground Signal Service, with whom MIT was also affiliated...

pretty much what is posted above:

In December 1942, the laboratories had a personnel strength of 14,518 military and civilian personnel. The Signal Corps Ground Service was directed by the War Department, however, to cut the total military and civilian personnel to 8,879 by August 1943. In June 1944, “Signees”, former Italian prisoners of war, arrived at Fort Monmouth to perform housekeeping duties. A lieutenant colonel and 500 enlisted men became hospital, mess, and repair shop attendants, relieving American soldiers from these duties. Also in December 1942, the War Department directed the Signal Corps General Development Laboratories and the Camp Evans Signal Lab to combine into the Signal Corps Ground Service (SCGS) with head-quarters at Bradley Beach, New Jersey (Hotel Grossman).

if you click on Camp Evens in the article you will get more info with the MIT connection

http://signal-corps-united-states-army.co.tv/

flyer333555

So, let me guess...

:think:

The "the interlocked TM ... at the top" is not "TM" but TA-DA! Big fanfare, whistles, and bells here, MIT!

:rolleyes:

They are cool, good finds...

Luis R.

Camp Evans Signal Lab...(which, I think, was affiliated with MIT)?

Also Signal Corps Ground Signal Service, with whom MIT was also affiliated...

Gotta love this site! Well done on the ID's!

-Ski

pretty much what is posted above:

In December 1942, the laboratories had a personnel strength of 14,518 military and civilian personnel. The Signal Corps Ground Service was directed by the War Department, however, to cut the total military and civilian personnel to 8,879 by August 1943. In June 1944, “Signees”, former Italian prisoners of war, arrived at Fort Monmouth to perform housekeeping duties. A lieutenant colonel and 500 enlisted men became hospital, mess, and repair shop attendants, relieving American soldiers from these duties. Also in December 1942, the War Department directed the Signal Corps General Development Laboratories and the Camp Evans Signal Lab to combine into the Signal Corps Ground Service (SCGS) with head-quarters at Bradley Beach, New Jersey (Hotel Grossman).

if you click on Camp Evens in the article you will get more info with the MIT connection

http://signal-corps-united-states-army.co.tv/

I smell an ASMIC "Trading Post" article brewing! :thumbsup:

Allan