Very unusual rating badge

Garth Thompson

Garth Thompson

Just picked this up at the recent Huntsville, Al show. I had always thought the between war CMTC program was for the Army only but it appears there might have been a naval branch. Add one more to the catalog of unusual rating badges.

Garth

post-83-1307395420.jpg

What is CMTC? The Navy tended to stay close to basic uniform items, even with training programs. This is not really like any Navy rating badge.

Steve Hesson

Garth Thompson
What is CMTC? The Navy tended to stay close to basic uniform items, even with training programs. This is not really like any Navy rating badge.

Steve Hesson

Civilian Military Training Camps, I didn't say it was a US Navy rate. It is more like a Sea Cadet thing.

Garth

Civilian Military Training Camps, I didn't say it was a US Navy rate. It is more like a Sea Cadet thing.

Garth

OK, i had never heard of the organization. neat info on something else to look for. Thanks

Steve Hesson

• 9 years later...

I am bringing this one back up from the dead, I cannot find any info on the Navy being involved in the CMTC, to make it even more difficult here is a Navy themed CMTC patch with Wavettes,

now there is a Navy and a female connection.  (everything I can find on the CMTC is male only) Any help with information would be appreciated.

Wavettes CMTC.jpg

Wavettes CMTC reverse.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
David Minton

From what I have read Citizens' Military Training Camps (CMTC) were held summer during the years 1921 to 1940. 

The Women Accepted for Volunteer Emergency Service (WAVES) were not established until 1942, so the name may only be a coincidence, or it is a different CMTC.