My OIF Helmet Setup With Headset

19delta-uav

19delta-uav

A lot of folks have been showing their helmet rigs from their time spent overseas, Here is mine. Standard ACH, Surefire helmet light, and bose headset.

post-3881-1307314543.jpg

Very cool helmet with provenance! I have never seen the headphones with the vecro strap before.

HoovieDude
Very cool helmet with provenance! I have never seen the headphones with the vecro strap before.

I hope Tim doesn't mind me doing this, if so I will remove it from his thread. But to answer Arch, they are common( or were at any rate, will let the guys with the more recent experience like Tim or Lawdog chime in). As Tim explained in another thread, it was these used with ACH, or you could use the CVC. I know these were issued with the Hummve's at least.

Bahgdad.jpg

19delta-uav

Thanks for the info mike, everyone is always welcome to chime in in my threads. The Bose headset is meant fir personnel who frequently dismount the vehicle. With a simple pull of the Velcro, you can take off the headset to dismount the vehicle. If one were to use the CVC you would have to make a helmet swap which is not ideal under combat conditions. Bose headsets are worth their weight in gold, highly thefted from unlocked vehicles as they are hard to get.

hawkdriver

MRAP crews wear them as well. I am getting ready to put up for sale a gunner set-up. It has the harness, seat, uniform and heatset.

They were common in Marine vehicles when I was over there as well(07/08). Wore 'em all the time. All of our MRAPs and HMMWVs had the comm. systems in them and were required to have a headset at each station. Ours had bailout plugs and active hearing protection, so if you dismounted you pulled the plug, kept the headset on and could hear what was going on around you. Pretty nifty peice of gear.