Foxholes of Foy

1canpara

If you're in luck Rick, you'll catch the Trooping of the Colour on Horseguards' Parade this Saturday. Always a colourful military spectacle!

Ian

If you're in luck Rick, you'll catch the Trooping of the Colour on Horseguards' Parade this Saturday. Always a colourful military spectacle!

Ian

Thanks Ian, but I'm still in Bruges today, back in London tomorrow so I'll miss it. I did catch a bit of it on BBC world news, it looked great! I hope the Queen had a nice birthday, I should have sent her a card.

I visited the fantastic Canadian museum at Ramskapelle today with Johan and it was without a question one the best museums of it's type that I've ever visited. Of course it's extra special to me because I'm Canadian, but overall I am sure anyone would agree that it is a great group of displays.

Regards,

Rick

Last night forum member Bart P. was kind enough to drive in from his home 30 minutes away, to take me for a beer and a bite to eat before driving me around the Canadian battlegrounds in the Scheldt pocket, visiting an intact Bailey bridge across the Leopold Canal and checking out some German bunkers. It was a fantastic tour that I wouldn't have had the chance to do if it were not for Bart....and I got to see his very nice helmet collection! Thanks again Bart!

Had a great evening too, Rick!

Have a save flight home! :thumbsup:

See you next time!

Bart

• 1 month later...
A very interesting area to visit.

The Sherman in Beffe actually stood near the road till 1984 (or so) when they moved it to the present location.

It was cannibalized (sp?) but remained where it was either knocked out or left behind.

Then you also have the story of Task Force Hogan.

Enjoy your stay!

Erwin

Here it is in 1975............. it was a shame they ever moved it........

Kevin

post-2662-1312647712.jpg

post-2662-1312647825.jpg