OK, My EGA disks- be cruel, make me cry, or happy

jgawne

Jonathan,

Your photos are not great, but they are clear enough that I can say with a high degree of certainty that those appear to be the so called "issue" variety of disks.

I am going to go out on a limb and call them good; with the caveat that I would really like to see better pictures.

Chris

Much!

I compared the die-work with three known sets, and they compare favorably.

The nut, shank, and backpiece also are WW1 types.

I would definately have them in my collection.

Chris

Oh My, now I do not have to cry.

Hurrah! I feel vindicated. They may stay in my disk case (even though they are 'only' Marine ones....) (joke guys)

But the finish does feel like pristine unused original bronxing black- not paint.

• 2 years later...
normaninvasion

Just piced up a jacket with these discs, as I am new to these. I would like opinions on these as to Army/Navy or Issue style, sorry for the pic quality, new camera is needed, thanks Jeff

post-4253-1260463983.jpg

teufelhunde.ret

Jeff, they are the issue variety as ID'ed on plate 36, p171, fig 3, and fig 4 of Scipio & Patterson. As for me I have no doubt's these began life together and are a true "matched pair" which are becoming increasing difficult to find these days - congrat's on your persistence, it payed off!

normaninvasion

This is good to hear!! These along with the jacket "spoke to me", very glad I'm listening to the right voices. For reference: these were attached to a contract 1919-20, patched 2/6 jacket, without woven eyelets on the collar. I feel honored to own. jeff

jeremiahcable

Those are very nice, indeed. I searched for many years before getting a set that I was comfortable with. Any chance you can start a thread in the Uniforms section with the whole blouse shown?

normaninvasion
Those are very nice, indeed. I searched for many years before getting a set that I was comfortable with. Any chance you can start a thread in the Uniforms section with the whole blouse shown?

Thanks for the comments on these!! I was planning on starting a thread on USMC blouses Pre ww2, hopefully after the holidays, new camera???? ;)