Lets see Your War Room Posters

davekj

This one is pretty common, but still nice. A little bit faded.

Nice early war poster-later versions had the word "defense" crossed out with the word "offense" imposed over it.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I can't remember exactly, it is a large one. I want to say roughly 38 in X 26 in. I wanted to post a "after" photo but I will have to work with the picture and shrink it a bit.

Thank you. I had the restoration and linen backing done locally by Studio C. I was going to use a nice studio in Philidelphia but just chose Studio C last minute. I'm not unhappy with the work at all, though, I have had some give negative reviews about Studio C after the fact.

• 11 months later...

I have had this one for years. I had it customed framed to highlight the blue and red and to draw your eyes to the lettering. From the 3rd Liberty Loan, this dates from April 5th, 1918 to September 27th, 1918. Colors are very vibrant. Some wrinkles on edges, and wavy wrinkles in center.

post-122868-0-55533500-1415991013.jpg

Some of the stuff I have hanging on the walls.

Since the link is not working, I am reposting the "Doing all you can, brother?" poster (1943).

It's now hanging in the hallway (away from sunlight and most of the time in the dark) of the apartment I live in.

Erwin

post-157-0-82131600-1416043994.jpg

Not sure if one can call these posters, but the lower one is a reprint of the blueprint for the M18 TD Hellcat(print). :lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

The top one is an enlarged photo of the M18, together with a poster out of a LIFE magazine and some TD patches/insignia.

Erwin

post-157-0-08078400-1416044030.jpg

Hopefully soon I will get my hands on a large one, but for now here is a small poster of the movie "FURY".

I still kick myself for selling my "Saving Private Ryan" movie poster.

These make really cool background for displays.

Erwin

post-157-0-61949300-1416044246.jpg

Not really a poster, but it would make a really cool one (if it exists).

This is on aluminum and it hangs on the side of a closet that has been turned into a display case (I only removed the doors).

Erwin

post-157-0-09577400-1416044366.jpg

Some great poster's have been posted.

One of my personnel favorite posters is one by Col. Charles Waterhouse of "Peepsight Pendas", a USMC Scout Sniper. The poster is of "Peepsight" during action in the Korean war around the Chosin reservoir, while with "Bloody George" Co., 3rd Bn., 1st Marines. in 1950. This is also the cover of Vol.1 "Death From Afar, Marine Corps Sniper".

I was lucky enough to have gotten to know Peepsight and he signed this poster for me before his passing in 2013.

post-20163-0-81876800-1416348156.jpg

I'll call the next one a poster although I think it might be classroom/ teaching aid? It measures 15" x 19-1/2" and is printed on blueprint type paper. It shows the rate of progress of the Nationalist armies of the republic of China during the Northern Expedition 1926-1928. It was drawn by the Fourth Regiment Intelligence Office by the intelligence officer- 1st. Lt E.F.Carlson, in 1928.

I have never seen another like it?

post-20163-0-79266900-1416349268.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...
pearlharborbaby

I have a nice WWII I'll Carry MIne too, Trucks and Tires must last till Victory poster I'd like to share

post-162130-0-22982000-1456936693.jpg