Lets see Your War Room Posters

davekj

I have three posters in mine. All original WWII posters. It really makes the room when the posters are as authentic as the uniforms, etc.

MAAAAAAAAAAN I love this poster if you ever wanted to sell it or know where I can snag another one please let me know. I cant find a good original anywhere.

-j

• 1 month later...
Leatherwringer

just found out from the original owner of my Vietnam poster that it is a blacklight poster too!!!

so I grabbed by handy blacklight that I got for patch use and he was right!!

002-82.jpg

• 2 months later...

Some great pieces of art being shown! Here is my only period example, which unfortunately is currently stored away due to lack of wall space :crying:

post-29885-1306341551.jpg

I have a couple though I just sold the security poster.

Just wondering the size on your N.C. Wyeth poster ? I bought a 8X12 +/- around 30-years ago for several dollars. Had it laying in box all that time until I saw it for sale at one of the poster dealers for $300. I quickly got it framed. The bigger the poster more it's going for..................

Some more frommy collection, but only from the framed ones.

The others are kept rolled in cardboard tubes

Enjoy

T

6tmis2b.jpg

8av6ty0.jpg

6z9ge1s.jpg

6u98mco.jpg

72rurd1.jpg

823dnoo.jpg

8c3mmvt.jpg

Those are really great posters.........Most of those today most folks would't be able to touch.....BIG BUCKS.

just found out from the original owner of my Vietnam poster that it is a blacklight poster too!!!

so I grabbed by handy blacklight that I got for patch use and he was right!!

002-82.jpg

Dude! They were all black light posters back then! I remember seeing one of these around 1970. More recently most of the one's I've seen have browned with age. This is the cleanest example I've seen in years.

Did everyone notice the 11th ACR bumper markings on the tank? I believe this was based on an actual photo from Vietnam. It was common back then to take a photo and give it these exagerated lines and colors. That made it Psychodelic!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
carthage light guard

One that you don't see every day (at least I don't), and one I really need to get framed. Dated 1944.

Jeff

post-8964-1344814377.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought these two this morning. Both navy. I have to get them framed.

This one has a 1942 date. I really like this one being a navy rate collector!

post-2501-1346597802.jpg

Jason

Here's one my dad gave me. He said these were handed out after he graduated from "gunners school" in 1944. Kim

Love this!! My first Chief, "Roarin' Red Rolland" was a 16 year old back seat gunner in Hell Divers during the War. Scared to death of hights, Taught us that when something needs to be done, you get it done.

Steve

This is the only one in my War Room, I purchased this as part of a sale from a military museum that closed it's doors. Sorry for the glare, the poster is in a frame with preservation glass.

Too cool! a signalman with a 12 inch GE search light, best lights ever made!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Sorry for the poor quality of this picture. I have been collecting 8th AAF items for a few years now and this is the only one of these posters I have ever seen. It warns about the dangers of frostbite. The colours are bright and the graphics are great. If any of you poster collectors have seen this one please let me know.

Steve

post-5349-0-83166700-1379721931.jpg